Dept. of Education ‘Gender Violence’ Summit Lays Blame on ‘Homophobia’

Geee

dept-education-gender-violence-summit-la
CNSnews:

CNSNews.com) – Two days after issuing new guidance designed to make American schools that receive federal dollars comply with Title IX sexual discrimination laws, the U.S. Department of Education hosted a national summit on “gender-based” violence and laid much of the blame for bullying and sexual harassment on campuses on “homophobic conduct.”

“Reading materials” distributed at Wednesday’s event in Arlington, Va. featured articles by academics and other experts that repeatedly identified homophobia as a cause of mistreatment of lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and transgender students, from middle school through post-secondary educational institutions.

“This is the first time the federal government has taken this proactive step to help schools, universities, and colleges to prevent sexual violence,” said Education Secretary Arne Duncan, opening the summit.
“It’s also important to remember that the role of sexual stereotyping can play a role in other forms of bullying, harassment and violence,” he added.

The new guidance issued Monday in the form of a “Dear Colleague” letter was preceded by one issued last October, which said that while Title IX does not specifically prohibit discrimination for sexual orientation, the law does protect students – including gay, lesbian, bi-sexual or transgender students – from sex discriminationsnip

shoutGeee

Liberals always keep crowing about how negative perceptions about LGBT must be changed. They are often their own worst enemies with in your face behavior and seek the government to shape human behavior and values.

But these value shaping programs do not help public schools. Instead they reinforce negative perceptions and suspicions that middle America has. So the cycle of distrust continues and the gap grows. No wonder home schooling is on the rise and despite costs many parents try to make sacrifices to get their children into non-public schools.

SrWoodchuck

Pepper! I agree!

The vision, especially with the Libs involved, is to "soften up" young minds for the continued proper indoctrination for their continued primary, secondary & collegiate education.

The biggest hinndrance to a quality education, is the Department of Education. If we had to pare government down, on a cost effective basis.....this is one Department that needs to go.

Then the Department of the Interior........and then the Bureau of Alcohol,Tobacco & Firearms could become a sporting goods/convenience store!

That's the problem with this forum, shoutSrWoodChuck.

We are obviously in mental lockstep enforced on us by our minders, even though they are all related to us.

:lmfao: :lmfao:

Then the Department of the Interior........and then the Bureau of Alcohol,Tobacco & Firearms could become a sporting goods/convenience store!

Now that is a great idea. Eliminate the Dept of Ed, then do the above.

Big sign

Cold beer, live bait, worms, crickets, ice, milk, ammo, guns new and well cared for. Fishing and hunting permits, CCWPs.

Bass boats, 4x4s, hard liquor, spirits, and wines next door

Government properties for sale. Must be citizen to purchase any sized tracts. Present proof of citizenship.

SrWoodchuck

shoutPepper!

You could add a grill & a small chapel & shorten that sign to:

GOD - GUNS - BOOZE - BAIT & BBQ

That's the problem with this forum, shoutSrWoodChuck.

We are obviously in mental lockstep enforced on us by our minders, even though they are all related to us.

:lmfao: :lmfao:

Now that is a great idea. Eliminate the Dept of Ed, then do the above.

Big sign

Cold beer, live bait, worms, crickets, ice, milk, ammo, guns new and well cared for. Fishing and hunting permits, CCWPs.

Bass boats, 4x4s, hard liquor, spirits, and wines next door

Government properties for sale. Must be citizen to purchase any sized tracts. Present proof of citizenship.

I'm telling ya, shoutSrWoodChuck

You done and went one better. Now I have to upstage you, my brother.

I'm opening up a semi nudie place next door (nothing you can't see on TV)

GOD - GUNS - BOOZE - BAIT & BBQ & BROADS

SrWoodchuck

I should have seen that one coming, shoutPepper! Bravo!

At one time during the early 80's, before STD's became rampant & you could find public hot-tubs.....I tried to get a business going.......kind of a "No-Tell Motel" with hot tubs in each room. I planned on calling it:

SOAK & POKE

I'm telling ya, shoutSrWoodChuck

You done and went one better. Now I have to upstage you, my brother.

I'm opening up a semi nudie place next door (nothing you can't see on TV)

SrWoodchuck

Conveniently located next door to SrWoodChuck's

SOAK & POKE & Rural Post Office

YYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!