60% of U.S. Military Deaths in Afghanistan Have Occurred Since Obama Was Inaugurated in 2009

Geee

60-us-military-deaths-afghanistan-have-o
CNSnews:

(CNSNews.com) – At least 858 U.S. soldiers have died in the Afghanistan war since President Barack Obama took office in January 2009. That equals 60.13 percent of the 1,427 American soldier fatalities so far in the ongoing 10-year war in that country.

For March 2011, there were 26 U.S. military deaths in Afghanistan, including 4 non-combat related fatalities. That brought the total combat and non-combat deaths for 2011 (January, February, and March) to 70. Those fatalities include 57 combat-related deaths and 13 non-combat deaths.

For the 858 U.S. deaths since Obama’s inauguration, 791 have been combat-related. This means that for the 1,241 combat-related deaths that occurred since the Afghanistan war began in October 2001, about 64 percent happened in the two years since Obama took office.

Last year was the deadliest for U.S. forces in Afghanistan, with 497 combat and non-combat fatalities. Improvised explosive devices (IEDs), or homemade bombs, continue to be the number one killer of U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan.

The Afghan provinces of Helmand and Kandahar, which border Pakistan and have been the central focus of U.S. military operations in recent years, continue to be the deadliest regions for American soldiers.snip

Rest in Peace.

May God bring comfort to their families.

And bring the others home if Obama insists on keeping the current ROE.

I feel terribly bad for those serving that know that their CIC has 100% of their back 10% of the time.

However... where's Code Pink and Cindy Sheehan now days? Why not the constant MSNBC coverage like we saw in Crawford?

Nevermind... I think I know the state of the MSM.