Why Not John Bolton?

Geee

why-not-john-bolton
American Spectator:

Since shortly before dawn on November 5, 2008, when the 2012 presidential race began, the lack of political acumen among Republicans vying for the next crack at Barack Obama has sunk them in an electoral malaise, a forlorn sense of ho-humness among party activists and likely voters that presages another four years of the Obama regime.

Those now in the top tier according to RealClearPolitics.com -- Huckabee, Romney, Palin, and Gingrich, in that order -- have been so alike in their condemnations of Obama's domestic policies and in their generalized policy pronouncements that they have only worsened the malaise. And as others have stuck their toes in, there have been brief media-propelled moments of enthusiasm, but no movement among activists and voters sufficient to boost any of them to approach leadership.

It's still about nine months before the first primaries so, old-school experts assure us, there's plenty of time to unify around a compelling candidate. That may have been true in 2001, but no longer. As Obama proved in 2008, a candidate must be able to raise nearly $1 billion in funds and create a massive organization that is ready to conduct a national primary campaign's ground game beginning this fall. That will take a long time and the clock is running down fast
We of the scribbling class have prescribed a long list of criteria that the next nominee must satisfy in order to win. In combination, those criteria would describe someone who is an electrifying speaker with a dull personality, who has the executive experience of a big-state governor and profound foreign policy credentials, and is the budget equivalent of a grand master of chess who can save us from Barack-induced bankruptcy without touching Social Security or Medicare.

Neither is there such person nor is there a magic recipe for baking a sure-to-win candidate. I thought that Indiana Cong. Mike Pence would be close to an ideal candidate because he is the kind of calm, competent conservative we can trust and has a big enough personality to turn out the vote. But Pence -- thinking of his family -- took himself out of contention.

We need to start thinking seriously about who has the political skills, the education and experience and the personality to defeat Obama. We need to start thinking about John Bolton.snip

Why Not John Bolton?

Cuz I'm not sure that image conscious America is ready to vote for a Captain Kangaroo lookalike... no matter how smart he is...

CaptainKangaroo.jpg

righteousmomma

And a little thought --when our Founding Fathers were formulating our guvment they naturally did not want a "king" so this "president" idea was instituted but he was to be balanced by two other branches (kinda an earthly just and merciful trinity).

According to the great seer David McCullough they were all a little leery of the concept so chose the closest ideal around who just happened to be named George Washington.

Now that we are a different world with totally different ways to kill us all maybe we need to re -examine the one president idea --

I mean we are being told that the Constitution (as written) is outdated and really a living organism so why not re examine this one shoe fits all president idea. The co presidency of sorts is already in the WH --we have the domestic halvess running the Country and the puppet figurehead non running the foreign issues of the day and acting as chief of sports.

Why Not John Bolton?

Cuz I'm not sure that image conscious America is ready to vote for a Captain Kangaroo lookalike... no matter how smart he is...

Bolton would get my vote but I don't see him becoming nominee. John Bolton would be a great asset in any GOP administration. The Left will brand him as overzealous, impetuous, dangerous, and that dreaded word conservative. Bolton could speak and think rings around the articulate black Totus. It'd be a great debate.

Why Not John Bolton?

Bolton would get my vote but I don't see him becoming nominee. John Bolton would be a great asset in any GOP administration. The Left will brand him as overzealous, impetuous, dangerous, and that dreaded word conservative. Bolton could speak and think rings around the articulate black Totus. It'd be a great debate.

He'd be a great choice for SecState, but like you, I don't think he can win the GOP nomination.

shoutAcerimmer

I'd like to see Bolton in charge right now of Middle East strategy instead of HRC.

Preach on Brother Pepper!!! B)

Why Not John Bolton?

He'd be a great choice for SecState, but like you, I don't think he can win the GOP nomination.

Unfortunately Ace, he would have to be approved by the Senate and they couldn't even do that for him for ambassador to the UN. I don't think he could make it.