Hey, Whoopi: It's Not About Skin Color

Geee

hey_whoopi_its_not_about_skin.html
American Thinker:

Potential presidential candidate Donald Trump had to negotiate a whole lot of blind emotion as a recent guest on The View. Like Carrie Prejean, The Donald was handed a question he didn't ask for. And his answer also left the asker exasperated.

Joy Behar brought up Trump's recent words about Obama's mysterious childhood and asked him if he was "a birther." Birther is one of those identity words of the left meant to stigmatize opponents into silent fear. But Trump just spoke the language of common sense.

Trump's position essentially is one of "trust but verify," as Reagan used to say. Mr. Trump accepts Obama's claim of a Hawaii birth, but like millions of other Americans, he wonders, "Why doesn't the president show his birth certificate?" That's what Mr. Trump wondered out loud on the program. The Donald also stated the unspeakable but obvious conclusion: Obama is hiding something.

Even Obama, at least when he's disconnected from his own secrecy, agrees that "[t]he only people who don't want to disclose the truth are people with something to hide."

Of course, the reasonable conclusion that Obama is hiding something is like fingernails on the chalkboard to the faithful devotees of The One.

Here's how Whoopi Goldberg responded:

That's a terrible thing to say, oh my God...that's the biggest pile of dog mess I've heard in ages. It's not 'cause he's black, is it?

Because I've never heard any white president being asked to show his birth certificate. When you become the president of the United States of America, you know that he's American. I'm sorry. That's just B.S.

Sorry, Whoopi, but the conclusion that Obama is hiding something is not a terrible thing to say; the actual concealment of basic records is the terrible thing.snip