Obama '12 launch likely next week

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
52416.html
Politico:

President Barack Obama plans to announce his reelection campaign early next week in an electronic message to grassroots supporters, Democratic sources tell POLITICO.

Obama launches with a recovering economy and a weak, fractured Republican field, but with chaos in the Middle East that adds unpredictability to an environment that points to likely reelection. Obama’s campaign, which could raise $1 billion or more, will be based in Chicago, just a few blocks from the headquarters of his historic 2008 race.

The most likely day for the campaign to file registration papers with the Federal Election Commission is Monday, but officials are not committing to a specific date in case some transcendent event in the world would overshadow the kickoff. Obama aides want to tell their supporters first, and so are not encouraging preview stories by the press.

The president’s announcement will be transmitted directly to supporters through text messages, email and social media, not with an appearance by Obama, the sources said.

The launch could come any time, according to the sources. The website is ready, the donation button has been tested, and call sheets to key political supporters are set.
________

Sounds rather low key for the Transformative President. Maybe because he has low expectations over his chances?

I'm so excited that I'll probably take a nap so I can sleep through his rampling, incoherent speech while Chris Matthews' leg gets all tingly again. :rolleyes: