Farrakhan: Libya has lent Nation of Islam millions

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
US_NATION_OF_ISLAM_FARRAKHAN?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US
TBO.com:

CHICAGO (AP) -- Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan reiterated his defense of Moammar Gadhafi on Thursday, calling the embattled Libyan leader a friend and Muslim brother who's lent the movement $8 million over the years.

Farrakhan, speaking at a rare news conference, railed against the media and said Gadhafi isn't the monster being portrayed by Western governments.

The 78-year-old minister criticized the U.S. government and President Barack Obama - whom he also called a brother - for launching military action against Libya without justification. He accused Americans of just wanting Gadhafi out of the picture to secure oil interests.

"I love Moammar Gadhafi, and I love our president," Farrakhan told several hundred cheering supporters at the Nation of Islam's headquarters. "It grieves me to see my brother president set a policy that would remove this man not only from power, but from the earth."

Obama has defended America's military involvement in Libya, saying the U.S. has intervened to prevent a slaughter of civilians. He has ruled out targeting Gadhafi militarily, and the U.S. turned over control of the military operation to NATO on Thursday. Gadhafi, who has ruled Libya for decades, has been battling opposition forces.

Farrakhan portrayed Gadhafi as a fellow revolutionary and longtime friend to the Nation of Islam, which used $3 million it borrowed from Libya in the 1970s to acquire its opulent headquarters on Chicago's South Side. Years later, a $5 million loan was used to pay back taxes and costs for the home of the movement's former leader Elijah Muhammad.
________

He doesn't want to lose one of his cash cows...