David Horowitz at Duke University

Valin

SHOOT!!! He was at Duke??? I woulda gone to hear him.

I LIKE Horowitz.

It was I believe in 06...sorry.

Got to love a good bomb thrower...we need them on our side.

Good listen. As you go through all 4 parts, the hecklers get more quiet. I wonder if they got bored, or actually started to listen. hehe, who am I kidding...

righteousmomma

I have watched many Horowitz "speeches" but the best was when he was speaking and traveling with Pat Caddell a couple years ago.

Interesting how the first editorial comment at Amazon for Horowitz's book says:

However, his intention to expose the majority of these professors as "dangerous" and undeserving of their coveted positions seems petty in some cases, as when he smugly mocks the proliferation of departments dedicated to peace studies or considers "anti-war activist" as a character flaw. The only noteworthy point that emerges from Horowitz's melodramatic finger pointing is his questioning of the tenure system, which he believes "serves to protect mediocrity and encourage incompetence." More distressing to Horowitz, it would appear, is that tenure allows professors who disagree with his personal political opinions to continue teaching.

Guy certainly exposes his own liberal world view and the fact he is one of the "dangerous ones" who has bought into all that radical, liberal/progressive political correctness hook, line and sinker.

I have watched many Horowitz "speeches" but the best was when he was speaking and traveling with Pat Caddell a couple years ago.

Do you have any links? Vids? Thanks

Interesting how the first editorial comment at Amazon for Horowitz's book says:

However, his intention to expose the majority of these professors as "dangerous" and undeserving of their coveted positions seems petty in some cases, as when he smugly mocks the proliferation of departments dedicated to peace studies or considers "anti-war activist" as a character flaw. The only noteworthy point that emerges from Horowitz's melodramatic finger pointing is his questioning of the tenure system, which he believes "serves to protect mediocrity and encourage incompetence." More distressing to Horowitz, it would appear, is that tenure allows professors who disagree with his personal political opinions to continue teaching.

Guy certainly exposes his own liberal world view and the fact he is one of the "dangerous ones" who has bought into all that radical, liberal/progressive political correctness hook, line and sinker.

Something about this surprises you?...thought not.

A couple years ago, we really had our eyes opened as to how the lunatic left has taken over much of Duke. Being in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill "Research Triangle" area... the Duke Lacrosse scandal was (and is) a big deal.

I just heard on our local radio yesterday that a judge has green lighted the suit by three of the lacrosse players against Durham city and many of the individuals in their railroading. I'm ordering my popcorn now.

This case was particularly fascinating to me and I got wrapped up in it as it played out. One of the most bizarre aspects of the case was the fraudster Crystal's cousin who became her mouthpiece on MSNBC and CNN. The "woman" who got on TV was actually her cousin... but was not actually a woman.

It turned out that "she" was a local Raleigh/Durham female impersonator who was quite colorful to say the least.

All the while, many of the Duke leftist faculty were like a Frankenstein lynch mob in the streets daily calling for the heads of the Lacrosse players. We got some amazing insights into these radicals who head many of the Duke departments making huge salaries for teaching their extreme liberal doctrines.

Here's concerned cousin Jakki on TV tearfully pleading Crystal's case.

Jakki_wral.jpg

His real name is Clyde so I guess his stage personal should be Clakki. Here are a couple pics from one of "her" old promo sites.

Jakki_2-1.jpg

And here's Clyde leaving a Raleigh courthouse after an appearance for assaulting a guy after a traffic incident.

Snap1-12.jpg

... and as Paul Harvey used to say, "That's the rest of the story!"

A very sad and unsurprising incident happened in Durham this weekend.

It's ironic to see the article this morning after just posting my comments above. (BTW, the 'boyfriend' was taken to Duke University Hospital... I wonder if his 'insurance' will cover the costs?)

CNN

story.rape.accuser.dpd.jpg

Duke lacrosse accuser arrested in boyfriend's stabbing

(CNN) -- The woman who accused three Duke University lacrosse players of rape five years ago was arrested Sunday, suspected of stabbing her boyfriend, police said.

Officers responding to a call early Sunday about a stabbing at an apartment in Durham, North Carolina, found a 46-year-old man who had been stabbed in the torso, police said. He was taken to Duke University Hospital for treatment of serious injuries. Officers later arrested the man's girlfriend, Crystal Mangum, 32, at a nearby apartment.

She was charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, inflicting serious injury, police said. Mangum was placed in the Durham County Jail without bond. Officers said the stabbing occurred during an argument at the couple's shared apartment.snip

shoutNCTexan

The Left is deeply distressed that the Village of the United States has failed in raising Crystal Mangum and her she-male friend Clakky.

shoutNCTexan

The Left is deeply distressed that the Village of the United States has failed in raising Crystal Mangum and her she-male friend Clakky.

Sadly the left has be noticeably silent on the adventures of their femme fatal. I also don't remember hearing Jackson and Sharpton apologize for fanning the fires in her case.

shoutNCTexan

Sadly the left has be noticeably silent on the adventures of their femme fatal. I also don't remember hearing Jackson and Sharpton apologize for fanning the fires in her case.

Hell, it's been 20 or so years, and, IIRC, Sharpton still hasn't apologized for the Tawana Brawley scam.