Sarah Palin Rips Into Daily Caller For Not Featuring Her Quote High Enough

EveningStar

EveningStar

Talking Points Memo:

Benjy Sarlin

March 30, 2011

Sarah Palin launched a lengthy attack on The Daily Caller via Facebook on Wednesday in which she slammed the conservative-leaning news organization for not featuring her quotes prominently enough.

The publication, helmed by Tucker Carlson, quoted from a 650-plus-word statement she issued to them in response to an article on legislation she signed as governor of Alaska providing tax credits to production companies who film in Alaska. It also reprinted the entire statement on the next page of the article. This was not good enough, however, for Palin, who said that her statement was "buried."

TPM is definitely left-wing, but are they wrong here? Judge for yourself.

This is the Daily Caller article:

Conservatives take on Palin for government-subsidized reality show, Palin calls criticism ‘ludicrous’

This is Palin's Facebook post:

Setting the Record Straight on State’s Film Production Tax Credit

righteousmomma

Yep, wrong.

As I also tried to tell the reporter, it’s also a false accusation to suggest that signing this bipartisan bill somehow goes against my position on the proper role of government. I’ve said many times that government can play an appropriate role in incentivizing business, creating infrastructure, and leveling the playing field to foster competition so the market picks winners and losers, instead of bureaucrats burdening businesses and picking winners and losers. Again, I can’t speak for what other states do, but Alaska’s film production tax credit program was an effective way to incentivize a new industry that would diversify our economy. It worked. The lawmakers’ successful legislation fit Alaska’s economy, as our economy is quite unique from other states’ due to our oil and gas revenue. Perhaps it would behoove people to learn much more about the 49th state’s young economy before making broad accusations about the efficacy of business programs. People who live in ivory towers don’t understand the real world where governors and lawmakers actually have to fight to attract business and jobs to their states.

Of course she was also called stupid and naive by the media for saying food prices were rising and gonna rise higher, She was right.

pollyannaish

Yes they are wrong. And very typical of Left Wing journalism. I am glad that she called them on it.

What the left tends to do is to set up a strawman in the first half of the article, talk about all the reasons why the strawman is wrong...and then bury the defense (usually it is a clarification of what was really said) somewhere near the end of the article. It is a VERY consistent problem and it makes me furious. Then when the conservative clarifies the clarification...the motives of that clarification are questioned or made to somehow seem vain or foolish. In this case, it made it sound like Palin was upset because HER statements weren't FEATURED. What she was really upset about (and rightly so) is that her defense was not presented fairly. There is a HUGE difference.

Now, when it is a liberal in this situation, the opposite is true. The liberals defense is featured prominently, while the charges are minimized and dismissed.

On a side note, the media and the president are STILL saying that food prices haven't gone up but they absolutely have. I keep trying to figure out what kind of magical math they are doing to "prove" otherwise. Are they "seasonally" adjusting it? :blink:

righteousmomma

On a side note, the media and the president are STILL saying that food prices haven't gone up but they absolutely have. I keep trying to figure out what kind of magical math they are doing to "prove" otherwise. Are they "seasonally" adjusting it?

Probably. I know for sure though prices have risen when NCT came home tonight saying the prepackaged herbs had gone up from $1.99 to $2.19. That's a nice increase percentage wise for any season.

And don't forget all the little fees/surcharges (TAXES!!) added in.

Edited by righteousmomma
Forgot