Obama authorizes secret support for Libya rebels

Pepper

Obama authorizes secret support for Libya rebels

By Mark Hosenball

WASHINGTON | Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:04pm EDT

(Reuters) - President Barack Obama has signed a secret order authorizing covert U.S. government support for rebel forces seeking to oust Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, government officials told Reuters on Wednesday.

Obama signed the order, known as a presidential "finding", within the last two or three weeks, according to four U.S. government sources familiar with the matter.

snip

These rebels are nothing but a bunch of thugs -- they keep shooting into the air to show off for the cameras, they have no leadership, no discipline, and no plan.

SrWoodchuck

These rebels are nothing but a bunch of thugs -- they keep shooting into the air to show off for the cameras, they have no leadership, no discipline, and no plan.

The perfect dream for a community organizer & unionist.......a mob of thugs with guns.

ErnstBlofeld

If it is so secret, why are we reading about it? I am willing to bet Gahdaffi is reading this same exact story and altering his strategy toward the rebels.

clearvision

If Gadaffi's intelligence unit is so incompetent that they would not expect such a thing and just now are learning about it from the press then he is doomed anyway.

righteousmomma

Whether he knew or knows or not the point is that something is terribly awry here. I am not a conspiracy nut but something is behind all of this - including all the sudden Middle East rush for "democracy" that is very suspect and VERY DANGEROUS to ISRAEL. Obama's White House (won't say him particularly because I think he is a clueless true believer puppet)is terribly involved.

Sorosis of the liver, anyone?

pollyannaish

Oh. This is brilliant. NOT!

WHAT? My hypothesis? or Obama's secret support?

Not you! I was responding to the article itself. The President has a way of making my blood pressure go up. You are most definitely NOT wrong.

pollyannaish

I should also say that my response is based on the fact the administration has basically admitted that we don't even really know who the rebels are.

ErnstBlofeld

If Gadaffi's intelligence unit is so incompetent that they would not expect such a thing and just now are learning about it from the press then he is doomed anyway.

I have to give his intelligence units some credit.The Internal Security Agency has been deemed as a leading unit assigned to protect the regime of Col. Moammar Gadhafi and arresting dissidents. ISA was said to have operated without any judicial oversight and responsible for what was termed "gross human rights violations." The Main Intelligence Force under the Libyan commander is responsible for international and domestic intelligence.PAN AM flight 103 mastermind was a man associated with Libyan Intelligence and the group Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine - General Command.

"Obama authorizes secret support for Libya rebels"-this is to go along with his 'secret support' to reduce dependence on foreign oil and also reducing the deficeit and finding jobs and.....................

ErnstBlofeld

I have to give his intelligence units some credit.The Internal Security Agency has been deemed as a leading unit assigned to protect the regime of Col. Moammar Gadhafi and arresting dissidents. ISA was said to have operated without any judicial oversight and responsible for what was termed "gross human rights violations." The Main Intelligence Force under the Libyan commander is responsible for international and domestic intelligence.PAN AM flight 103 mastermind was a man associated with Libyan Intelligence and the group Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine - General Command.

Libya's intelligence agency is also behind the powerful jamming that has disrupted Al Jazeera television's signal across much of the Middle East and North Africa.Jamming was being caused by large installations capable of simultaneously interfering with several frequencies on the Arabsat and Nilesat satellites. The signal is originating at Libyan Intelligence headquarters in Tripoli.

Edited by ErnstBlofeld

SrWoodchuck

This is another possible reason for UN/US/NATO response in Libya:

It's not just about protecting European oil supply; it's about massive crisis immigration of burgeoning Muslim North African populations, to Europe.......and it's about Europe's ability to provide for them.

It explains France & the UK getting out in front of the coalition. The distance to Malta from Tripoli is 220 miles [about the same distance from London to Paris?] and the distance from Lampredusa [italian owned island] to Tripoli is 260 miles. We can probably expect a similiar humanitarian immigration into the US, if the EU can't handle them.

This influx is of the poorest of Muslims that wish to take advantage of the social services of their chosen new countries. They are mostly Muslims & will most probably resist assimilation, just as their predecessors have in the UK, France, Spain, Italy, Germany & the United States.

If you're looking for the reason behind the mass immigration [due to violence & revolution in their home countries,] look no further than the Muslim Brotherhood. This is the perfect storm of Islam. A relatively "bloodless" conquest of their new countries by religiously committed Muslims, bound by self-imposition to sharia law & culture & directed by an oligarchy of older Muslim religious leaders.

Sound like it's a "prep" for the 12th Imam? The latest Iranian "Mahdi movie," was posted here at TRR a few days ago. This is just the prepositioning of troops.

The Telegraph

Thursday, 31 March 2011

Gaddafi demands £4 billion from EU or Europe will turn 'black'

Euronews-North African Crisis Migration

Italy to ship North African migrants from crisis island

29/03 08:53 CET

President StrangeBirth says he is for humanitarian intervention lest it stain the world conscience.

Then President StrangeBirth says QDaffy must go.

Then Nato says QDaffy can stay and they're not taking sides but President StrangeBirth says US is arming rebels.

Then news accounts surface of 'flickers' of AlQueda among rebels.

So President StrangeBirth may be aiding anti-Americans who killed Americans in the past.

In videos you see foreign cars, pick up trucks and SUVs modified with small cannon. Rebels riding around but no real numbers. Looks more like turkey shoot gone mobile.

Add the tremendous NATO advantage over Libya, the push button remote war aspect of a $100 million in missiles and strikes sent in from the air and one would think this kinetic military action should be a pushover.

Which is exactly why President StrangeBirth launched this WAR. Yet it will not be a pushover. I hope no Western lives are lost in this KMA.