Sheen To Brief Congress on Drug Courts

Geee

sheen-brief-congress-drug-courts
CNSnews:

(CNSNews.com) -- Golden Globe and Emmy award-winning actor Martin Sheen, the father of former “Two and a Half Men” star Charlie Sheen, is heading to Capitol Hill on Thursday to participate in a congressional briefing on the importance of drug courts.

The National Association of Drug Court Professionals (NADCP) is sponsoring the briefing, “Drug Courts: A Proven Budget Solution,” in conjunction with the Addiction, Treatment and Recovery Caucus.

Sheen, whose son Charlie Sheen has fought a public battle with addiction, has supported increased federal funding for drug courts in the past.
“I saw someone near and very dear to us self-destructing in the grip of drug and alcohol abuse,” Martin Sheen said in 2007. “At a critical point, I had to decide who would speak at the funeral, who should carry the casket.”

“That's where you go, and you have to be prepared to say, ‘I did everything that I possibly could,’” said Sheen. “Well, I had not yet. I had one more option, and that was drug court. That's what saved his life and mine.”snip

Why is Congress wasting time and money on Charley Sheen's disintegration when there are more important thing for them to deal with, like the budget? No need to tell me, I already know, Congressman love to hobnob with Hollyweird celebs, who might have even bigger egos than they do... :rolleyes: