Obama says Kadhafi must 'leave now': WHouse

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
article.php?id=CNG.6009b45dafd3ffa1601b90a867dbe4be.d11&show_article=1
Breitbart:

President Barack Obama said Saturday that Libya's leader Moamer Kadhafi needs to "leave now," having lost the legitimacy to rule, a White House statement said.

Obama took the position -- his most direct yet -- in a telephone call with German Chancellor Angela Merkel to coordinate efforts in response to the crisis in Libya, the statement said.

"The president stated that when a leader?s only means of staying in power is to use mass violence against his own people, he has lost the legitimacy to rule and needs to do what is right for his country by leaving now," it said.

Obama's call for Kadhafi's departure came as the Libyan leader hunkered down in Tripoli for what many feared would be a bloody showdown with rebels that have taken control of large areas of the oil-rich North African country.

Khadafi's son, Seif al-Islam Kadhafi, earlier told Al-Arabiya television that the crisis had "opened the doors to a civil war."

The White House said Obama and Merkel "discussed appropriate and effective ways for the international community to respond."

"The president welcomed ongoing efforts by our allies and partners, including at the United Nations and by the European Union, to develop and implement strong measures," the statement read.
________

Whatever else happens, I think that Qaddafi, Khadafi, Gaddafi, whatever, is toast at this point.

I've noticed something about Obama. He has a comment on EVERYTHING.

Kind of like that person we've all worked with that goes around making inane comments about everyone else's work...but never does his own?

Sadly, this precipitates a bit of a "Jus shut up and go find something to do!" response in me.

Agree, polly. :)

It's the "do something about it" that scares me. Not exactly a stellar track record there. I think we need to limit how much he does about anything, especially with foreign affairs. The word "NERF" comes to mind.

Agree, polly. :)

It's the "do something about it" that scares me. Not exactly a stellar track record there. I think we need to limit how much he does about anything, especially with foreign affairs. The word "NERF" comes to mind.

Yes, I agree...and this should include not talking. :lol:

President Barack Obama said Saturday that Libya's leader Moamer Kadhafi needs to "leave now," having lost the legitimacy to rule, a White House statement said.

I would think Oboy is talking about himself

edit to add...he never had the legitimacy to rule in the first place and check out the word used "Rule instead of lead

I would think Oboy is talking about himself

edit to add...he never had the legitimacy to rule in the first place and check out the word used "Rule instead of lead

Excellent observation! Words matter.

"Obama says Kadhafi must 'leave now'"

Let's make a trade..

Dear Libya,

You take our Kenyan and we'll take your Libyan.

What are we going to do with him? :o

Let's make a trade..

Dear Libya,

Put him in the loony bin where he belongs and hold a new election.

I'd take crazy, that nobody would support, over our current option.

And seriously, can we please figure out how to spell this guys name? Every time I read it, this is what I think of.

200px-DaffyDuck.jpg

I'd take crazy, that nobody would support, over our current option.

And seriously, can we please figure out how to spell this guys name? Every time I read it, this is what I think of.

200px-DaffyDuck.jpg

So you're proposing we spell it QuéDaffy then. :lol: Nice!

In January 1986 Gaddafi proclaimed a "line of death" across the Gulf of Sidra, warning that if American ships or planes crossed that line they would be destroyed. In March the U.S. responded with Operation Prairie Fire, consisting of 45 ships and 200 planes. Aircraft from the Sixth Fleet's three carriers, Saratoga, Coral Sea and America, made forays across the "line of death." Then three surface vessels crossed the line, supported by planes overhead and Los Angeles-class attack submarines beneath the surface. On Monday, March 24, the Libyans fired several SA-5 surface-to-air missiles, but none came close to hitting an American target because they were diverted by jamming devices carried by EA-6B Prowler aircraft. Vice Admiral Frank Kelso, Sixth Fleet's commander, waited until dark to respond. A pair of A-6 Intruders from the America hit a Libyan attack boat with HARMs (high-speed anti-radiation missiles). Several more Libyan vessels venturing near the fleet the following morning were struck, with one confirmed destroyed. Reagan congratulated the airmen and sailors of the Sixth Fleet, some of whom wore "Terrorist Buster" t-shirts and buttons, for a job well done, and on Thursday, March 28, the naval "exercises" were concluded. There were no American casualties; 56 Libyans had been killed.

Let's make a trade..

Dear Libya,

Well, in a secluded location, 3 words aughta do it...

ROPE, TREE, NOOSE

The main thing is the Libyans will have the Kenyan

I sure hope that he doesn't get pushed into deploying our military.

I'd hate to have our troops put in that situation... with a Commander in Chief that's 100% behind them 15% of the time.

"I'd hate to have our troops put in that situation... with a Commander in Chief that's 100% behind them 15% of the time."

Well said, shoutNCTexan