Its The End of the World as We Know it-Robin of Berkeley

righteousmomma

righteousmomma
4flghn4
American Thinker:

Robin of Berkeley....
Every day, on my ride to work, I listen to Catholic Radio. Of course, I didn't know there was such a thing until a few months ago.

I was driving along one day, when I saw a car with a bumper sticker that read: Catholic Radio 1260 am. I decided to tune in and didn't like what I heard, which was a woman talking about sin and hell. I wasn't ready to hear anything like that.

But a couple of months later, I gave the station another try, and now I'm hooked. I love the masses, the recitation of the Rosary, and the thought-provoking sermons and talks.

Now when I tune in, it's as though the priests and others are talking directly to me, stimulating my insights and touching my heart. For instance, this past week, a priest recounted a story of a lapsed Catholic, now seriously ill, coming to him for healing of his disease. The Father told the man that what he needed was a spiritual healing; he counseled him, "You need to right your relationship with God."

Wow; a light went on in my head, as I realized that this is what we are all called to do, at this very moment in time. Not later, not after the basketball game, but right now, before it is too late.

For reasons I'll never know, an invisible Hand shook me awake from my lifelong trance; now I've been able to right my relationship with God. And there is not a day that goes by that I don't shake my head in wonderment at how blessed I am.

Perhaps those of us who have seen the light are here to try to wake up as many sleeping souls as we can: to help them to right their relationship with God. I can tell you from a personal viewpoint that life on earth is so much sweeter with God by my side. But there's also the no-small matter of the afterlife.snip

Maybe the point is, regardless of what direction this world goes in, whether towards sanity or a deeper descent into madness, we are all called, at this moment in time, to do what that priest suggests: to right our relationship with God.

Maybe the most important question we should be asking ourselves and others is this: Have you made right your relationship with God? If not, what are you waiting for?

And this is the key. The end of time as we know it for any of us can come at any moment. We don't know about the world itself, but if it is the end of the world and there will be chaos and challenge, He will be with us. It is the HEART that matters.

Maybe the point is, regardless of what direction this world goes in, whether towards sanity or a deeper descent into madness, we are all called, at this moment in time, to do what that priest suggests: to right our relationship with God.

Maybe the most important question we should be asking ourselves and others is this: Have you made right your relationship with God? If not, what are you waiting for?

And this is the key. The end of time as we know it for any of us can come at any moment. We don't know about the world itself, but if it is the end of the world and there will be chaos and challenge, He will be with us. It is the HEART that matters.

Exactly, Pollyannaish!

Thank you, Pollyannaish and Righteousmomma!