Wisconsin Assembly Passes Bill Limiting Union Rights

clearvision

wisconsin-assembly-passes-anti-union
FOX News:

Republicans in the Wisconsin Assembly took the first significant action on their plan to strip collective bargaining rights from most public workers, abruptly passing the measure early Friday morning before sleep-deprived Democrats realized what was happening.

The vote ended three straight days of punishing debate in the Assembly. But the political standoff over the bill -- and the monumental protests at the state Capitol against it -- appear far from over.

The Assembly's vote sent the bill on to the Senate, but minority Democrats in that house have fled to Illinois to prevent a vote. :snip:

------
One step done.

The picture with the article looks staged to me. A sleep-in at the capitol. Lights full bright, everyone nicely organized, all eyes closed, no one standing anywhere and a photographer obviously snapping shots. These guys are excellent sleepers, but then I forgot they are union.

The picture with the article looks staged to me. A sleep-in at the capitol. Lights full bright, everyone nicely organized, all eyes closed, no one standing anywhere and a photographer obviously snapping shots. These guys are excellent sleepers, but then I forgot they are union.

madison_sleepingbags_022211.jpg

Now why would you say it's staged? :D

Aaargh. I would make a bad activist. Sleeping with a bunch of strangers and coworkers like that would be my worst nightmare. Especially if there were cameras around.

shoutPolly!

Aaargh. I would make a bad activist. Sleeping with a bunch of strangers and coworkers like that would be my worst nightmare. Especially if there were cameras around.

You've never served in the military. You learn to sleep anywhere you can get the chance. But I agree with Clear and Valin, this looks like it was staged by the RATS to gain some sympathy votes.

shoutPolly!

You've never served in the military. You learn to sleep anywhere you can get the chance. But I agree with Clear and Valin, this looks like it was staged by the RATS to gain some sympathy votes.

:lol: I had that exact thought when I posted. I would not do well with it in the military either I'm afraid. And you guys are right. those people are not sleeping. They are preening.

All staged, who the heck sleeps with the lights on? It's a modern day Stone Henge. Maybe they were aligning their bodies toward an astral plane. Or their astrals towards their chakras?

All staged, who the heck sleeps with the lights on? It's a modern day Stone Henge. Maybe they were aligning their bodies toward an astral plane. Or their astrals towards their chakras?

Wait, I see it now! They are all aligned around the big 'O'!!!!

Wait, I see it now! They are all aligned around the big 'O'!!!!

hehe, clever. ;)