Georgia anti-abortion bill would require investigations of miscarriages

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
georgia-anti-abortion-bill-would-require-investigations-of-miscarriages
Raw Story:

Legislation recently introduced to the Georgia legislature by House Republican Bobby Franklin would make abortion the legal equivalent of murder and require miscarriages to be investigated by authorities.

The bill, known as HB 1, was uncovered by the progressive blog The Daily Kos.

Franklin's bill would classify the removal of a fetus from a woman for any reason other than to produce a live birth or to remove a dead fetus as "prenatal murder." Physicians indicted for alleged "prenatal murder" would have their license suspended until they were found innocent of the crime.

Although the legislation would not place any criminal penalties on natural spontaneous abortions, it would require miscarriages to be reported by hospitals and other medical institutions, and a fetal death certificate issued.

Authorities would be required to investigate the cause of fetal death in cases where a miscarriage occurs without attendance at a medical facility.

"The State of Georgia has the duty to protect all innocent life from the moment of conception until natural death," the bill stated. "We know that life begins at conception. After nearly four decades of legal human prenatal murder, it is now abundantly clear that the practice has negatively impacted the people of this state in many ways, including economic, health, physical, psychological, emotional, and medical well-being."

State Rep. Franklin also recently introduced a bill mandating that victims of rape, stalking, harassment, and family violence be re-classified as "accusers."
________

Proof that not all loons are on the liberal side (see my post about Wu.)

Ok. This goes waaaaayyyyyy to far. And it does exactly what the left has always screamed about...insert outside people into woman's lives and that once "they come after abortions they'll come after your birth control." And now this? Thanks, so much for setting the whole anti abortion momentum back thirty years. Argh.

As someone who had a miscarriage, I can tell you the last thing I needed was the authorities nosing around treating me like some sort of criminal suspect. Talk about adding insult to injury.

As if having a miscarriage isn't upsetting enough. Terrible!

Plus having victims of rape, stalking, harrassment and family violence classified as "accusers"? What is wrong with this man?! He's nuts!

Edited by nickydog