So much for the diet: Anti-obesity crusader Michelle Obama feasts on ribs during pricey family vacation

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
Obamas-double-standards-family-holidays-telling-Americans-to.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
UK Daily Mail:

Michelle Obama feasted on ribs while on her skiing holiday, it has emerged.

The First Lady, who has spearheaded a campaign to change American eating habits, ate ancho-chile short ribs from a restaurant next to her luxury ski hotel in Vail, Colorado.

The Obamas have already come under fire for the vacation, with the President accused of double standards after appealing for Americans to sacrifice their holidays just days before his wife and children went on the costly skiing trip.

First Lady Michelle Obama and daughters Malia and Sasha are on the ‘private family trip’ for Presidents' Day Weekend.
The first lady went to Restaurant Kelly Liken in Vail Village on Saturday night, dining on a braised ancho-chile short rib with hominy wild mushrooms, the Vail Daily reported.

Chef and owner Kelly Liken said: 'Yes, it's true, the first lady dined at our restaurant tonight and seemed to really enjoy it.'

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh hit out at the First Lady for her choice of food on Monday.

Speaking on his radio show he said: 'The problem is, and dare I say this, it doesn't look like Michelle Obama follows her own nutritional, dietary advice.

'And then we hear that she's out eating ribs at 1,500 calories a serving with 141 grams of fat per serving ... I'm trying to say that our First Lady does not project the image of women that you might see on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue or of a woman Alex Rodriguez might date every six months or what have you.

'She's a hypocrite. Leaders are supposed to be leaders. If we're supposed to go out and eat nothing, if we're supposed to eat roots and berries and tree bark, show us how.'

The family are staying at the upscale Sebastian Hotel on Vail Mountain, where rooms start at $650 a night and range up to more than $2,400 for multi-bedroom suites.
________

Didn't Limbaugh hear? Roots and berries are for little people!

On Drudge it says her meal was 1,575 calories and 141 grams of fat. :o

:lmfao:

(Maybe she didn't eat it all...)

Oh -- I didn't read down to the end where Rush talked about it today.

Edited by nickydog

(Maybe she didn't eat all four that she ordered....)

Being a frou-frou eatery, it was probably 1-2 ribs per plate....so then it was over to Micky-D's across I-70, for a couple of gut-burgers.

righteousmomma

Oh, my. :unsure:

Ditto.

Didn't we see an article last week about some women in England getting bigger butts?

Oh my

First siliconedboobs were/are the rage.

Then that led into Jolie huge collagen implanted lips.

Then sleeveless dresses for all of us -young and old--because of "toned arms".

Now our culture becomes "big butted" obsessed??. (Know this is pol.incorrect but I always think two distinctly different things when I see a man carrying on about loving BIIIG Buttocks. Both I will leave to your imagination.)

Michelle Obama feasted on ribs while on her skiing holiday, it has emerged.

Is that even proper to report in these days of uber-racially aware PC speech? :blink:

But what would you expect from the UK with their "colonialist" heritage. ;)

righteousmomma

Well, now Drudge is reporting that the "short rib" had only 600 calories and that the chef owner is very concerned about her clients health.

Of course the very biased article starts out by accusing conservatives and talk radio hosts with slamming Michelle about "the rib fest."

I do believe the slam was started by the UK's Daily Telegraph and we happily ran with it. :D:P

Regardless the expensive vacation hypocrisy of it all is what bugs me.

"Do as I say not as I do."

Well now Drudge is reporting that the "short rib" had only 600 calories and that the chef owner is very concerned about her clients health.

Now I feel better about the all folks who look to Michelle daily for guidance on proper eating habits... They will of course have their celebrity chefs "de-fat" their ribs with ancho-chili glaze when preparing.

This will be especially popular when served with low-calorie organic potato salad and coleslaw from the White House garden. All this will be topped off with an appropriately sized portion of free-trade Banana Pudding with NutraSweet Vanilla Wafers.

Once more, Michelle and Barack set the direction for their long term constituents... like they have for years as Southside Chicago community organizers. They have truly changed the lives of these people.

chicago_ghetto-1.jpg

(Maybe she didn't eat all four that she ordered....)

Being a frou-frou eatery, it was probably 1-2 ribs per plate....so then it was over to Micky-D's across I-70, for a couple of gut-burgers.

If the Obambis were serious about making sacrifices, Michelle should have just taken the kids to the local Hooters. She probably could have gotten a whole rack of ribs for less than the cost of a glass of wine in some upscale, snooty, gourmet restaurant.

Well now Drudge is reporting that the "short rib" had only 600 calories and that the chef owner is very concerned about her clients health.

Now I feel better about the all folks who look to Michelle daily for guidance on proper eating habits... They will of course have their celebrity chefs "de-fat" their ribs with ancho-chili glaze when preparing.

This will be especially popular when served with low-calorie organic potato salad and coleslaw from the White House garden. All this will be topped off with an appropriately sized portion of free-trade Banana Pudding with NutraSweet Vanilla Wafers.

Once more, Michelle and Barack set the direction for their long term constituents... like they have for years as Southside Chicago community organizers. They have truly changed the lives of these people.

chicago_ghetto-1.jpg

shoutNCTexan!

Great pic! It may be "Photoshopped" though.

I love the PBR sign [breakfast of Champions].....but I've always heard,"Stroh's are for Bro's!"

PS: That would be......"radioactive" low-calorie organic ptomaine salad and cole slaw......