Somali Pirates Kill Four Americans

Geee

warship-shadowing-somali-pirates-captured-americans
Fox News:

MOGADISHU, Somalia -- A warship is shadowing a yacht with four Americans on board that was hijacked by Somali pirates, a pirate said Sunday, as the vessel was reported to be moving closer to the Somali coast.

The yacht Quest was hijacked on Friday off the coast of Oman, but is now in the waters between Yemen and northern Somalia, two pirates and a Somali government official told The Associated Press.

One pirate who gave his name only as Hassan said a warship with a helicopter on its deck is near the Quest.

The pirate's claim could not be independently verified, and U.S. officials on Sunday did not release any information about the yacht. A U.S. Embassy spokesman on Saturday said officials were assessing options and "possible responses."

Hassan told the AP he is speaking directly with the pirates aboard the hijacked yacht. A second pirate who gave his name as Bile Hussein and a Somali official in Puntland who asked not to be named both said the Quest is in between Yemen and Somalia and heading closer to Puntland, a haven for pirates on Somalia's northern tip.snip

shoutNickydog

Yes and no. The important issue is freedom of the seas.

Its like the police giving up and ceding control of part of an inner city to thugs resulting in tax payers no longer walking or driving through there.

Two hijackers are dead, thirteen to go. The thirteen of the fifteen hijackers are now in custody of the US Navy.

If it were the Russian navy, they wouldn' make it on board. Now the US will give them a trial, a really stern and concerned talking to by Holder and J. Nappy, and then a comfortable cell.

The Adams were experienced boaters and started a world sailing tour in 2004, Scott Stolnitz, who said he was a longtime friend of the couple, said previously.

They were very conscious of the threat posed by pirates, Stolnitz said, adding that Scott Adam had said weeks before that he was concerned about pirate activity in the area, a region he had never visited. But, he said, Adam was determined to sail the world himself rather than ship his boat, as some other yacht owners have done.

Of course the important issue is freedom of the seas, but if I had a yacht I would not be sailing it in those waters right now. That's what I meant by foolishness. For the same reason, I would not want to tour Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, or Libya right now. The world is big enough, and the seas vast enough that there are plenty of places to go touring and exploring and even passing out Bibles without going into big-time harms way.

Of course the important issue is freedom of the seas, but if I had a yacht I would not be sailing it in those waters right now. That's what I meant by foolishness. For the same reason, I would not want to tour Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, or Libya right now. The world is big enough, and the seas vast enough that there are plenty of places to go touring and exploring and even passing out Bibles without going into big-time harms way.

Not sure if it's true or not, but they were part of a fleet of yachts, and as always, there's strength in numbers. Like a gazelle who wanders off from the rest of the pack in a land filled with lions, apparently he felt it was safer to go his own way and left the group. Oops!

There are people who are so stubborn that they'd rather die than admit they are/were wrong. What he did was madness.

God bless them.

They believed they were "Citizens of the New Rome," with all that means to the rest of this world.

We are instead, residents in a purposely fading dynasty; due to our present leaders. Progressive "Smart" diplomacy has lowered our status, our economic freedom & our respect in the world. In our hearts we still live the dream & depend on our expectations of the beloved American Republic.

The world exists in reality.

Unfortunately, that reality makes it dangerous to our life & liberty. Unless we expel the agents of "hope & change," and re-establish our principles to support & defend our loyal allies and be a caution to our enemies.

The "Eagle's" talons must hold an olive branch and the thirteen arrows.