Obama honors ex-President George H.W. Bush with Medal of Freedom

clearvision

20110215-obama-honors-ex-president-george-h.w.-bush-with-medal-of-freedom.ece
Dallas News:

President Barack Obama honored former President George H.W. Bush this afternoon with the nation’s highest civilian award, the Medal of Freedom, at an emotional White House ceremony.

“His life is a testament that public service is a noble calling,” Obama said. “We celebrate an extraordinary life of service and of sacrifice.”

Bush, 86, smiled and wiped his eyes a few times during the ceremony in the East Room, packed with cameras, senators, Cabinet members and most of Bush’s immediate family, along with friends and family of other medal recipients. :snip:

shoutClearvision

GHWB looked every bit of 86 today. Zero scheduled this now when instead we ought to be asking hard questions about budget and cutting entitlement.

Perhaps rubbing shoulders with those 14 who were honored who provided public service elevates Zero through association.

GHWB looked every bit of 86 today.

Oh, my! He does not look well in that picture. To me it appears "they" took the worst picture they could find--just sayin'.

I Googled for other pictures of '41 at the event. Below he looks a little better as he has his one-on-one meeting with 0. (This from the official White House web site.)

Zero-GHWBush.jpg

I watched the interview that Jenna Bush did with him and Barbara for Valentine's day and the love letters they sent over the years. He seemed to have a hard time hearing as Barbara had to lean into him and repeat it and appeared frail.

It was a really nice interview regardless.

shoutClearvision

GHWB looked every bit of 86 today. Zero scheduled this now when instead we ought to be asking hard questions about budget and cutting entitlement.

Perhaps rubbing shoulders with those 14 who were honored who provided public service elevates Zero through association.

By this "logic" me (@ 6' 130 lbs soaking wet) standing with the Green Bay Packers offensive line would make me a right guard.

Still we should be grateful that President George H.W. Bush was honored.

God bless him. I'm glad he got this honor. And I have always been inspired by the relationship he and Bar have. Of course, she is my idol!

He's 86! Four years from 90. He's doing fine for his age. What's interesting to me is his continued lack of grey hair, and we know darn well he isn't coloring it. There is just enough grey mixed in to make it obvious it is his natural color. Unlike our current pres. who apparently can't make up his mind what color his hair should be. How silly.

Do we expect the MSM to post a flattering pix of a GOP?

But surprising the Texas paper put in this undoubtedly worst pix of day

Congrats to 41!

Wonder if he plans to "jump" at 90. He has said yes. Wife Barbara has hoped NO.

May he live that long to have that dilemma