Mandatory Arabic classes at Mansfield ISD Possible

clearvision

?p=42488
Texas Insider:

We have received many calls from the district quite concerned over the ongoing situation at Mansfield ISD. We have learned that as part of the five-year $1.3 Million grant, Arabic classes would be mandatory at Cross Timbers Intermediate School and Kenneth Davis Elementary School. The program would also be optional for students at T. A. Howard Middle School and Summit High School. :snip:

Apparently, the background on this grant is that the Department of Education has identified Arabic as a ‘language of the future.’ I have to wonder what the reason for this selection was and who was responsible for this selection. :snip:

--------
I would think Chinese would be far ahead as a language of the future.

Is this one of those Winning The Future moments?

I heard the smart thing to do is study Hausa so you can drive a cab in Lagos.

?p=42488
Texas Insider:

We have received many calls from the district quite concerned over the ongoing situation at Mansfield ISD. We have learned that as part of the five-year $1.3 Million grant, Arabic classes would be mandatory at Cross Timbers Intermediate School and Kenneth Davis Elementary School. The program would also be optional for students at T. A. Howard Middle School and Summit High School. :snip:

Apparently, the background on this grant is that the Department of Education has identified Arabic as a ‘language of the future.’ I have to wonder what the reason for this selection was and who was responsible for this selection. :snip:

--------

I would think Chinese would be far ahead as a language of the future.

Given how long this war is going to go on, if I were a young person I'd look into it, along with medieval studies. On of the things the military is in desperate of is people who speak the various dialects of Arabic, and an understanding of the cultures.

Mandatory?????...not so much.

righteousmomma

Speaking of medieval a friend just sent me this:

An Afghan aid worker is facing execution within three days for converting to Christianity.

Said Musa, 45, was told by a judge that he would be hanged within days unless he reconverts to Islam.

But the father of six has refused to renounce his faith, telling the Sunday Times, “My body is theirs to do what they want with. Only God can decide if my spirit goes to hell.”

He also claimed he was tortured and sexually abused by prison guards and inmates.

Musa has been held in prison since May last year, after a local TV network broadcast secret images of Afghan Christians being baptized by westerners. The broadcast caused outrage as protesters demanded the expulsion of those who appeared in the footage.

He sought asylum at the German Embassy but was arrested by authorities after calls by the deputy secretary of the Afghan parliament, Abdul Sattar Khawasi, for the public execution of the alleged converts, sparking a nationwide manhunt.snip

http://tinyurl.com/4n6wxwn

Some issues need no comment but prayer is mandatory.

Is this one of those Winning The Future moments?

I heard the smart thing to do is study Hausa so you can drive a cab in Lagos.

shoutPepper!

It will be a change of career for me, but I signed up for "Halal Meat Cutter's University," as it guarantees me a job in camel & goat slaughtering after graduation & there is some money to be made in infidel beheading.