Palin Crushes Time Magazine Over their 'Lies'

EveningStar

Fox News:

What a clever, articulate counter by "President" Palin. Did Piper write this for her?

February 12, 2011

Sarah Palin's recent email to Time Magazine Congressional Correspondent Jay Newton-Small started off congenial enough. The mood soon shifted dramatically when Gov. Palin attacked the magazine over the "total lies" that had been published about her. Included in her email is not only a call for a retraction of the false stories, but a demand for an apology to Fox News' Sean Hannity and Christina Aguilera who were both included in the story Time ran. The text of the email follows: snip

Read it and cringe.

Fox News:

What a clever, articulate counter by "President" Palin. Did Piper write this for her?

February 12, 2011

Sarah Palin's recent email to Time Magazine Congressional Correspondent Jay Newton-Small started off congenial enough. The mood soon shifted dramatically when Gov. Palin attacked the magazine over the "total lies" that had been published about her. Included in her email is not only a call for a retraction of the false stories, but a demand for an apology to Fox News' Sean Hannity and Christina Aguilera who were both included in the story Time ran. The text of the email follows: snip

Read it and cringe.

First of all...do you think it's real? Hard to tell these days.

Second, I thought it was funny and direct. I appreciate that. Time DOES need to set the record straight, and she is standing up not afraid to call them out on it. Letting it lie there only adds to the perception that she is a racist and she is willing to walk in and take the heat by calling them out on it. I don't find it cringeworthy at all. It strikes me as being similar to "I paid for this microphone" and "The bombing starts in thirty seconds" quips and comments.

Third, I'm still not voting for her in the primaries for other reasons.

One other thing. I don't understand why the word 'lies' is in quote...unless it is not note that the information is not true.

IF Time had turned around quickly, retracted the information and apologized, then it would not be a lie, it would be a mistake. If they have not done that...and are continuing to remain silent about the fact that it was satire, they are complicit in perpetuating a lie.

I am bothered by news organizations that do not retract mistakes PROMINENTLY.

Still not seeing an issue with her style either. Seems she typed it as she talks. She also uses a blackberry a lot and wrote it more in a texting manner than email.

Who knows.

I know that the lie accusation is correct. I'm commenting on her style.

Yeah, I think that's partially a part of the country thing. I've noticed that on balance folks from Urban areas and the east find it more mysterious than folks in the west. That's anecdotal of course, but just a pattern I've seen.

Her style seems personal to me, rather than presidential. Which, imo, makes sense at this point because she is a private citizen.

And, try this. Read it using Joe Biden's voice in your head. I suspect it could have come from any number of government officials these days...and sometimes laced with obscenities.

I understand it might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I'm not embarrassed by it. I am MUCH more embarrassed by the dolt sending shirtless photos of himself to Craigslist women. :lol:

Good post, Pollyannaish.

It's an email, for goodness sake. So she talks like most people talk and write today? Who gives a darn?

And what is this about style then?

Or is style is a code word for class?

Look around. Do Obama or Huckabee or Biden or Pelosi or Frank or Schumer have style? Or Class?

The last person with style was Elvis, and he left the building.

If you mean class, I'm thinking Margaret Thatcher. Or Tony Snow.

Even Rokke.

And certainly Rheo!

Good post, Pollyannaish.

It's an email, for goodness sake. So she talks like most people talk and write today? Who gives a darn?

Look around. Do Obama or Huckabee or Biden or Pelosi or Frank or Schumer have style? Or Class?

If you mean class, I'm thinking Margaret Thatcher.

Or Tony Snow.

Hmmm. I was actually thinking me.

Good post, Pollyannaish.

If you mean class, I'm thinking Margaret Thatcher.

Or Tony Snow.

Hmmm. I was actually thinking me.

I'm sure that was just an innocent omission on Pepper's part. He'll probably come back later and edit the post to reflect the change in his view. ;)

Yeah. Right. Listen, I'm pretty good at these diplomatic letters. Let me put my money where my mouth is and rewrite this in the official diplomatic form.

February 10, 2011

Mr. Jay Newton-Small

Congressional Correspondent

Time Magazine

New York, NY

Dear Mr. Newton-Small:

I would like to commend you for your exemplary example of today's mainstream journalism. I do not believe there is a better illustration of American press efforts today than the article you published recently concerning my remarks on Christina Aguilera's rendition of the National Anthem.

I want to especially thank you for your creativity in attributing quotes to me. I spend many hours a day preparing racial slurs, personal attacks and ad hominem arguments to release to the public...and yet you were able to do all of that for me in a few short minutes with virtually no research at all! That is the sign of a true professional journalist.

Please know that I plan to use this incident as an example of today's journalistic culture from here on out. I want you to know just how much I appreciate the clarity you have added to the discussion. Thank you.

Thank your editors at Time Magazine for the invitations to attend the upcoming events. I will consider them, but to be honest it seems like your team is doing a terrific job of knowing what I have to say without me even having to lift a finger.

All the best in your future endeavors,

Sincerely,

Governor Sarah Palin

Wasilla, Ak.

The problem with this is, that as they have illustrated with the original story they cribbed the quotes from...THE POINT would completely escape them.

So I think her direct, simple language approach was probably for the best.

Great letter, Polly. :)

I understand why Sarah would send that. I would also out of principle. The media's efforts to trash Palin is a dead horse... everyone's made up their mind by now to believe Palin or believe the MSM. As someone that believes in Sarah, it just further embarrasses the media. On the flipside, if you hate Sarah, it's just more of the same. I just wonder what's constructive in continuing to trash Palin. Do you think anyone's on the fence with her at this point?

righteousmomma

Well, all I know is that I grew up with Time Magazine. I knew Time and today's rag is not that Time.

I about threw up the other day at the grocery store magazine rack "Why Obama "heart" Reagan"

1101110207_400.jpg