Sarah, say it ain't so …

EveningStar

WorldNetDaily:

I'm not a fan of WingNutDaily, but some of you might be.

Joseph Farah

February 12, 2011

Until very recently, I was a big Sarah Palin supporter. snip

But now I wonder.

What prompted this change of heart?

Some recent comments suggest she really doesn't comprehend how close we are to losing the culture war for the hearts and minds of Americans, particularly on the issue of how radical homosexual activism threatens the very fabric of our society. snip

WestVirginiaRebel

Mr. Farah's choo-choo went off the rails quite a while ago, I'm afraid.

At least he's not asking Sarah Palin for her birth certificate... :P:D

This is the issue that this section of the Right will use to loose the next several elections.

I do have a little sympathy for their position - the left is clearly using this as a wedge issue and creating a victimhood status for homosexuality. The left, as they are wont to do, are also taking this waaaaaay too far and frequently use it as a club too. I don't like the leftist propaganda, but the left will win with this one if the Right keeps taking the bait.

(I wonder if I could work in a few more metaphors and clichés? Naw, that's enough for now.)

WorldNetDaily:

I'm not a fan of WingNutDaily, but some of you might be.

Joseph Farah

February 12, 2011

Until very recently, I was a big Sarah Palin supporter. snip

But now I wonder.

What prompted this change of heart?

Some recent comments suggest she really doesn't comprehend how close we are to losing the culture war for the hearts and minds of Americans, particularly on the issue of how radical homosexual activism threatens the very fabric of our society. snip

Well it's a good thing Joseph isn't being hyperbolic, and engaging in demagoguery. :rolleyes:

This is the issue that this section of the Right will use to loose the next several elections.

I do have a little sympathy for their position - the left is clearly using this as a wedge issue and creating a victimhood status for homosexuality. The left, as they are wont to do, are also taking this waaaaaay too far and frequently use it as a club too. I don't like the leftist propaganda, but the left will win with this one if the Right keeps taking the bait.

(I wonder if I could work in a few more metaphors and clichés? Naw, that's enough for now.)

Excellent use of clichés and metaphors and I agree completely.

I think the problem the right has is the inability (at times) to distinguish between accepting homosexuals as a legitimate part of our society and embracing the militant homosexual agenda that promotes homosexuality as a preferred lifestyle. I tend to be somewhat libertarian on this issue and believe there should be ways for people to have domestic partnerships (gay and straight) that are financial and decision making arrangements rather than traditional marriage. Private companies should have the option of providing health insurance and other benefits to domestic partners or not without government interference and so on. The government, based on the will of the people, can then decide on how to treat it's services in this regard.

Honestly, I don't understand much when it comes to the basics of why people are gay. As a Christian, I certainly don't believe that being gay is the way we were created and clearly identified as a sin before God. But I also know that it is a hugely complex issue and that wishing it away will not change things. It must be dealt with fairly and compassionately.

Excellent use of clichés and metaphors and I agree completely.

I think the problem the right has is the inability (at times) to distinguish between accepting homosexuals as a legitimate part of our society and embracing the militant homosexual agenda that promotes homosexuality as a preferred lifestyle. I tend to be somewhat libertarian on this issue and believe there should be ways for people to have domestic partnerships (gay and straight) that are financial and decision making arrangements rather than traditional marriage. Private companies should have the option of providing health insurance and other benefits to domestic partners or not without government interference and so on. The government, based on the will of the people, can then decide on how to treat it's services in this regard.

Honestly, I don't understand much when it comes to the basics of why people are gay. As a Christian, I certainly don't believe that being gay is the way we were created and clearly identified as a sin before God. But I also know that it is a hugely complex issue and that wishing it away will not change things. It must be dealt with fairly and compassionately.

Same here, I really don't care what people do in their bedroom, The problem is the M word (Marriage), that and for some when they think gay

2010_6_gaypride.jpg

This is what comes to mind.

This to say the least a real PR problem. And a major reason why gay marriage amendments always fail.