Why Are Our Soldiers Dying?

Geee

why-are-our-soldiers-dying
American Spectator:

I still, just, support the war in Afghanistan. I still regard the probable consequences of withdrawal in defeat by the Western powers as highly undesirable. I even believe that, for troops in proper strength and with proper equipment, the difficulties of campaigning there can be overrated.
As Kipling put it in the 19th century, a raw British regiment, after suffering an ignominious retreat, returned to discover that "an Afghan being attacked is much less formidable than an Afghan attacking."

But I wish our governments would make some more efforts to explain why we are there, why we are supporting the present regime, and where we are hoping to go in terms of strategic objectives.

It has recently been reported from Afghanistan that a one-legged Afghan Red Cross worker and physiotherapist, Said Musa, 45, is shortly to be hanged by the government, or what passes for the government, for having converted to Christianity.
No defense lawyer will represent him. Some were reported to have dropped the case after receiving death threats. He has been held for about eight months in Kabul prison and reportedly tortured.snip

why-are-our-soldiers-dying
American Spectator:

I still, just, support the war in Afghanistan. I still regard the probable consequences of withdrawal in defeat by the Western powers as highly undesirable. I even believe that, for troops in proper strength and with proper equipment, the difficulties of campaigning there can be overrated.

As Kipling put it in the 19th century, a raw British regiment, after suffering an ignominious retreat, returned to discover that "an Afghan being attacked is much less formidable than an Afghan attacking."

But I wish our governments would make some more efforts to explain why we are there, why we are supporting the present regime, and where we are hoping to go in terms of strategic objectives.

It has recently been reported from Afghanistan that a one-legged Afghan Red Cross worker and physiotherapist, Said Musa, 45, is shortly to be hanged by the government, or what passes for the government, for having converted to Christianity.

No defense lawyer will represent him. Some were reported to have dropped the case after receiving death threats. He has been held for about eight months in Kabul prison and reportedly tortured.snip

Two quick points

A. You have got to be kidding me! If by this time you don't know why, then you are beyond hope.

B. The perfect is the enemy of the good. Something I read years ago in Parameters that has always stuck with me...."History is not an instant thing, it takes time."