Ron Paul Supporters Walk Out of Rumsfeld Tribute

Valin

ron-paul-supporters-walk-out-rumsfeld-tribute
Fox news:

2/10/11

A steady stream of Texas Rep. Ron Paul's supporters walked out of a planned tribute for Donald Rumsfeld at CPAC Thursday afternoon. The walk-out had been planned ahead of time in part by Campaign for Liberty organizers and it seemed to be supported by more than 100 CPAC attendees.

(Snip)

Former Vice President Dick Cheney then took the stage, but the heckling did not stop in what was an amazing display of friction. Someone in the crowd yelled to Cheney above the din "draft dodger." Nonetheless, the crowd is overwhelmingly warm to Rumsfeld, who eventually took his place in the presentation.

Will Ronnie address this or accept the nuttiness of his supporters? Nuttiness is not the right word, but civil. :)

Does he think these kinds of stunts enhance his chances to be president?

Disgraceful performance by them.

Any semblance of Ron Paul supporters to normal people is fiction in the mind of the beholder.

I know quite a few Ron Paul supporters. They are fine people...but seem to be prone to political fantasy. What gets me is that they know what they want, they know when they want it and yet when you start to ask questions about how to get there from here they begin to fall apart and don't know what to say.

Until they have a realistic plan in place to make the changes they want now—and a realistic stragegy for dealing with the huge public relations nightmares they would create—they will fall into the "basically wacko" category as far as I'm concerned.