Who's Policing Amtrak Joe Biden's Rail Boondoggles?

Geee

whos-policing-amtrak-joe-bidens-rail-boo
CNSnews:

Who's Policing Amtrak Joe Biden's Rail Boondoggles?
Wednesday, February 09, 2011
By Michelle Malkin

At Philadelphia's 30th Street Station on Tuesday, lifelong government rail promoter Vice President Joe Biden unveiled a $53 billion high-speed train initiative and half-joked: "I'm like the ombudsman for Amtrak."

As with most gaffetastic Biden-isms, the remark should prompt more heartburn than hilarity. Just who exactly is looking out for taxpayers when it comes to federal rail spending?

Vigorous independent oversight of public infrastructure binges is especially critical given the nation's long history of mass transit slush funds, cost overruns and union-monopolized construction projects to nowhere. Among the new projects championed by the Obama administration: a $10 billion New Jersey-to-New York commuter rail tunnel pushed by Senate Democrats that state officials won't pay for but believe everyone else in the nation should be forced to subsidize.

When Biden talks about "seizing the future," he's talking about seizing your wallets for his party's electoral security.
Alas, the White House hostility toward vigilant taxpayer watchdogs rivals Michael Vick's. And the Obama administration's political abuse of the Amtrak inspector general's office, still under congressional investigation, is a recipe for yet more porkulus-style waste.snip

STF "seizing the future"

WTF "winning the future"

Go back to sleep, Joe.

High speed rail just like Sputnik has been done before.

It will not be a good form of travel for the 57 states. You corral the masses to large centers where they get on trains to the camps destinations.

Freight won't run on high speed rail. High speed rail can't run on freight rail. High speed rail needs to be straight(er) as well.

Oh, I forgot about that highly successful high speed rail from Tampa to Orlando and Miami.

(They have had that thing for decades now. How's that working out?)sarcasm

shoutPepper. When Bite-Me was first picked for VP I did a bio search. He voted boondoogles to Amtrak for year over year and his son was on the board. He also voted to extend the asbestos legislation time after time and his son was an attorney with the firm reaping the biggest benefits from the lawsuits. Nice to have a daddy who can help line your pockets.

shoutGeee

Biden, the Obama family's white lawn jockey.

An important announcement from TRR... all comments in threads are the responsibility of the individual poster. TRR absolutely disavows any responsibility or liability for thoughts and expressions of posters using this site. If pressed we will acknowledge this poster flies the Alabama flag, but also appears to be from Puerto Rico, the 51st of our 57 states.

shoutGeee

An important announcement from TRR... all comments in threads are the responsibility of the individual poster. TRR absolutely disavows any responsibility or liability for thoughts and expressions of posters using this site. If pressed we will acknowledge this poster flies the Alabama flag, but also appears to be from Puerto Rico, the 51st of our 57 states.

We can find no birth certificate on said poster. We are now even. :D

Me llamo Pepper.

Mi dirección es #1 Observatory Circle, Washington D.C.

Yo no sé nada.

Alas, I thought I knew him well..........

shoutGeee

Hey..I'm from Alabama. Roll Tide....see!

I resemble that :blink: