Again? CNN’s Anderson Cooper Reports His Car Has Been Attacked In Cairo

ErnstBlofeld

again-cnns-anderson-cooper-reports-his-car-has-been-attacked-in-cairo
Mark Joyella/Mediaite:

The tension in the streets of Cairo has not changed, with CNN’s Anderson Cooper reporting the vehicle he and his CNN crew were traveling in was set upon and attacked. “Situation on ground in #egypt very tense. Vehicle I was in attacked. My window smashed. All ok,” the AC 360 host reported via Twitter just about 12:45 Thursday.

Cooper spent most of Wednesday night reporting from an undisclosed location for safety after being repeatedly punched in the head during an attack by members of a pro-government mob.

Today’s incident comes amid widespread reports that journalists in Egypt have been targeted not only for harassment and physical violence, but also arrest. As The New York Times‘ Nicholas Kristof warned, “to my reporting brethren in Egypt: there are reports that police are raiding hotels looking for journalists. Be careful!”

As The New York Times‘ Nicholas Kristof warned, “to my reporting brethren in Egypt: there are reports that police are raiding hotels looking for journalists. Be careful!”

I guess he was on his way to a human interest story

This is VERY different than the Palkot story as I said on another thread. Cooper is an anchor, not a reporter. I would suggest that they bring him home immediately. He is now making the story all about him, instead of what he is purportedly covering.

Edited to add: I did NOT say this was a human interest story. Human interest stories are those fluffy stories about babies, zoo animals and daisies. What I said is that if you are going to cover an event like this properly, you must TALK to people who are involved to get a good swath of information about what the mindset and political grievances of the people are. That is good reporting, not human interest. You can not cover this story accurately with a 30,000 foot view because that will give you a Mubara-like attitude, which is dictatorial and prescriptive. If you are for freedom and democracy, you have to understand the wants and needs of the people. THAT is the important part of this story.

This is VERY different than the Palkot story as I said on another thread. Cooper is an anchor, not a reporter. I would suggest that they bring him home immediately. He is now making the story all about him, instead of what he is purportedly covering.

The last time I checked Anderson Cooper also did reporting and interviewing too on his televsion show.That is why CNN hired him for not to look good in from of the camera.I also looks like he was on his was to do a story. He has CNN specials from time to time right?I do not think that reporters will be doing much if they raiding the hotels where they stay.

Edited to add: I did NOT say this was a human interest story. Human interest stories are those fluffy stories about babies, zoo animals and daisies. What I said is that if you are going to cover an event like this properly, you must TALK to people who are involved to get a good swath of information about what the mindset and political grievances of the people are. That is good reporting, not human interest. You can not cover this story accurately with a 30,000 foot view because that will give you a Mubara-like attitude, which is dictatorial and prescriptive. If you are for freedom and democracy, you have to understand the wants and needs of the people. THAT is the important part of this story.

The last time I checked he also did reporting and interviewing too.That is why CNN hired him for.I also looks like he was on his was to do a story. He has CNN specials from time to time right?

Now come on Ernst. That was the worst post grammatically I have seen of late. Sort of the reason I can tell when you are original or cut and pasting a post.

The last time I checked he also did reporting and interviewing too.That is why CNN hired him for.I also looks like he was on his was to do a story. He has CNN specials from time to time right?

Now come on Ernst. That was the worst post grammatically I have seen of late. Sort of the reason I can tell when you are original or cut and pasting a post.

If you give me some time maybe I can correct the mistake. This was my post.I am doing some multitasking here so back off.The last time I checked Anderson Cooper also did reporting and interviewing too on his television show.That is why CNN hired him for not to look good in front of the camera.It also looks like he was on his was to do a story. He has CNN specials from time to time right?I do not think that reporters will be doing much if they raiding the hotels where they stay or the State Departments warning to leave the country.

Sigh. I think Ernst, that we're never going to see eye to eye on this. I personally think that Cooper is a very good anchor and is one of the better ones on CNN. And we can probably agree that its a good thing that it isn't Katie Couric.

But we're just not going to agree on this. So we might as well let it go.

snipIf you give me some time maybe I can correct the mistake. This was my post.I am doing some multitasking here so back off.snip

funny-pictures-cat-has-glasses.jpg

:lmfao: :lmfao:

ErnstBlofeld!

You are a good sport.