Conservatives, Liberals, and Obamacare

Geee

conservatives-liberals-and-oba
American Spectator:

WASHINGTON -- My guess is that Judge Roger Vinson of the Federal District Court in Pensacola, Florida, is an amateur zoologist. Judge Vinson is the federal judge who ruled Monday that those who confected Obamacare cannot compel the citizenry to buy health insurance. Moreover, he found that because of the way the 2,600-page bill is created without any "severability clause" that makes the entire law unconstitutional. The authors of Obamacare declared that without mandatory insurance the whole bill was unworkable. Mandatory insurance was not severable from the law. Hence Judge Vinson, because of the way the bill was constructed, threw the whole law out. Now it is up to the Supreme Court to breathe life into this legislation or to bury it. I say RIP.

As learned as Judge Vinson indubitably is -- in the course of his meditations on Obamacare he reread the Constitution, The Federalist Papers, James Madison's notes at the Constitutional Convention, certain cogitations of Chief Justice John Marshall and more -- the erudite judge surely noted a zoological curiosity. Conservatives and Liberals are so different as to be drawn from distinct species of political animals. To me, the conservative has always appeared to be some form of mammal. The Liberal is reptilian. I could be wrong. I wonder what Judge Vinson might say.snip