A Christian Business in the Left's Crosshairs

Geee

a_christian_business_in_the_lefts_crosshairs
Townhall:

Here's a modest proposal for liberals who say they support job creation: Stop smearing successful, law-abiding private companies whose values don't comport with yours. I'm looking at you, New York Times.
Chick-fil-A is an American success story. Founded by Georgian entrepreneur Truett Cathy in 1946, the family-owned chicken-sandwich chain is one of the country's largest fast-food businesses. It employs some 50,000 workers across the country at 1,500 outlets in nearly 40 states and the District of Columbia. The company generates more than $2 billion in revenue and serves millions of happy customers with trademark Southern hospitality.

So, what's the problem? Well, Chick-fil-A is run by devout Christians who believe in strong marriages, devoted families and the highest standards of character for their workers. The restaurant chain's official corporate mission is to "glorify God" and "enrich the lives of everyone we touch." The company's community service initiatives, funded through its WinShape Foundation, support foster care, scholarship, summer camp and marriage enrichment programs. On Sunday, all Chick-fil-A stores close so workers can spend the day at worship and rest.

For the left, these Biblically based corporate principles constitute high social justice crimes and misdemeanors. Democrats are always ready to invoke religion to support their big government, taxpayer-funded initiatives (Obamacare, illegal alien amnesty, increased education spending and FCC regulatory expansion, for starters).snip

Thanks for posting, Geee!

The LGBT community is up in arms about this. Check this out:

Chick-fil-A Under Fire for Anti-Gay Stance; Black Gays Silent, Implying Apathy Toward Gay Marriage Issue

snip

While it’s apparent that the white LGBT community has expressed outrage over Chick-fil-A's principles and behaviors, it’s less clear if the black LGBT community is as concerned about the issue. Notable black LGBT bloggers were missing in action when the online protesting occurred and other popular black sites failed to report on the story as well.

It’s long been assumed that black gays are less concerned with the issue of gay marriage than they are with other socio-economic issues such as HIV, sexual health, the economic crisis, and intra-community racism.

snip

I think I know why, but can't post it here.

:rolleyes:

While it’s apparent that the white LGBT community has expressed outrage over Chick-fil-A's principles and behaviors, it’s less clear if the black LGBT community is as concerned about the issue. Notable black LGBT bloggers were missing in action when the online protesting occurred and other popular black sites failed to report on the story as well.

It’s long been assumed that black gays are less concerned with the issue of gay marriage than they are with other socio-economic issues such as HIV, sexual health, the economic crisis, and intra-community racism.

snip

Pepper!

I stand in unity with my black GLBT brothers, sisters and "whatevers". :unsure:

chickfilacow.jpg

NCTexan!

My initial thoughts. I am proud to stand in unity with LGBT promoters of fried chicken, as well.

Chick-fil-A is closed on Sundays.

I am surprised the Feds don't force them to open on Sundays.

<<Pass me some more chicken nuggets and that dipping sauce.>>

Pepper!

As a further show of unity...

I just went to our local Chick-Fil-A that's only 1.9 miles away... (and don't ask me how I know such detail)

Brought back two Egg, Bacon and Cheese Breakfast Biscuits for RM and myself. The OJ that came with it balances everything out and makes a perfectly healthy meal.

Picture-63.png

Chick-fil-A is run by devout Christians who believe in strong marriages, devoted families and the highest standards of character for their workers.

My final Chick-Fil-A post....

There's one thing that I appreciate about all of the Chick Fil A employees...

During the transaction, if the employee gives or hands you something... and you say, "Thank you!" :)

They always respond with "My pleasure!"... not the current slacker response of "No problem." :mellow:

When I hear that, I always want to say... "I sure hope it's no frappin' problem... Slacker!" :angry:

You know, they are welcome to "boycott" whomever they want. I do unorganized "boycotts" every day of my life...based on poor service, poor products or high prices.

I've never been part of a formal boycott, but I have avoided stores for certain stances...like not letting the Salvation Army solicit donations at Christmas, or using inappropriate sexual images in their instore advertising.

So, they want to do the same thing...they are entitled to.

But. If this company is committed to serving God, He will bless and keep it. That is a great promise in a situation like this.

Edited to add: I've always loved the cow campaigns. Clean, fun, effective.

NCTexan

It's like you're bugging the sales clerk when asking for service.

"No problem, man."

shoutPepper!

In all Colorado fast food establishments, they pronounce it,"...de nada..."

Edited to add: I don't eat a lot of fast food, so my "spanish lingo" has fallen way off, but two indispensible phrases are: "Dos cervezas, por favor!" & "Por favor, no me mates!"

Edited by SrWoodchuck