Put Left-wing Speech Control in the Cross Hairs

Geee

put-left-wing-speech-control-in-the-cross-hairs
Front Page Magazine:

The most common left-wing objection to the right is that it wants to control others’ lives. But, both in America and elsewhere, the threat to personal liberty has emanated far more from the left.

In the past generation, the left has controlled so much speech and behavior that these controls are now assumed to be a normal part of life.

Through the use of public opprobrium, laws and lawsuits, Americans today are less free than at any time since the abolition of slavery (with the obvious exception of blacks under Jim Crow).

Public opprobrium is known as political correctness, and it has suppressed saying anything — no matter how true and no matter how innocent — that offends left-wing sensibilities.

“Merry Christmas” offends leftist views on multiculturalism. So, it’s largely gone.

Honest discussion of male-female differences is also largely gone — a lesson the former president of Harvard Larry Summers painfully learned when he simply asked if fewer women succeed in math and science because of innate differences between men and women.

Discussion of disproportionate rates of black violence is not allowed, no matter how well intentioned — unless it is to “prove” how racist America is because of the high number of black men in prison.

In Europe — and in all likelihood coming to America — Christians who, citing the Bible, argue for a heterosexual ideal are arrested.snip

Geee!

Saltbag! Good response.

"In the past generation, the left has controlled so much speech and behavior that these controls are now assumed to be a normal part of life."

The most disturbing truth in the article. Most under 30 or perhaps 40 years old are brain washed.

Control the speech and you control the debate.

Control the educational mills and you control the future.

Geee!

Saltbag! Good response.

"In the past generation, the left has controlled so much speech and behavior that these controls are now assumed to be a normal part of life."

The most disturbing truth in the article. Most under 30 or perhaps 40 years old are brain washed.

Control the speech and you control the debate.

Control the educational mills and you control the future.

This is something I think about often. I graduated high school in '88, and was never taught anything about Vietnam,... Carter/Iran, as it might be relevant in Egypt right now, etc. WW1 and WW2 were responses to aggression, and not about standing up for our country's ideals. What I did learn about was MLK, the greatness of JFK, and the general disgrace and barbarism of our history until social consciousness. That was back then. I can just imagine what's going on now, and I shudder to think.

I have two nephews and my sister keeps them sheltered in Christian schools. She and I both went from public to Catholic to public school again, and I guarantee that we learned a helluva lot more in Catholic school than we could ever dream of in public schools.

By the time I was a senior, back in '87, my history teacher wanted to let me teach WW2 to the class, but the principal couldn't get it cleared with the school board. She admitted I knew far more about it than she did, but I wasn't an NEA member. :rolleyes:

AceRimmer!

By the time I was a senior, back in '87, my history teacher wanted to let me teach WW2 to the class,

You need to show some consideration for the elderly. They might think of that as 1887.

:lol: