Avoiding the Vote

Saltbag

:

I'm generally so proud of my state of Virginia, but our state senate is still governed by Libs. The current Senate "subcommittee" has decided that they can just kill a bill and not even put it on the docket for a vote, despite the Senate rules. It mirrors our federal Senate on the repeal of Obamacare. Even proposing that they consider the bill is deemed "Out of Order", ignored, and with a party line vote, the decision to not even consider it is upheld.

Beyond reproach.

You guys may not care about this on a national level, but I have to vent about my state that is near and dear to me.

:

I'm generally so proud of my state of Virginia, but our state senate is still governed by Libs. The current Senate "subcommittee" has decided that they can just kill a bill and not even put it on the docket for a vote, despite the Senate rules. It mirrors our federal Senate on the repeal of Obamacare. Even proposing that they consider the bill is deemed "Out of Order", ignored, and with a party line vote, the decision to not even consider it is upheld.

Beyond reproach.

You guys may not care about this on a national level, but I have to vent about my state that is near and dear to me.

1. Welcome to politics...it ain't beanbag.

Don't get mad...get even. :evil:

2. You can post the actual video by inserting the url in the Insert Media Icon found at the far right.

Saltbag!

Great information.

Here Democratic Senator Chuck Colgan is supporting the GOP and blasting this killing of bills in subcomittees

Allowing a subcommittee to determine the fate of legislation, added Colgan, is "just not right."

Thanks for posting, Pepper. That was well spoken. It's unfortunate that that sense of pride in government ideal only happens when that particular party's interests are involved. Only a few will stand the right ground. What's so sad is that we idolize the moments when a representative steps away from the programmed agenda and actually talks about "what's right"