Rep. Moran: Dems Lost Because Many 'Don't Want to Be Governed by an African-American'

clearvision

?test=latestnews
FOX News:

Virginia Democratic Rep. Jim Moran is blaming his party's losses last November in large part on voters who "don't want to be governed by an African-American."

The comments were made following President Obama's State of the Union speech Tuesday during an interview with Arab network Alhurra. Asked about the results of the midterm elections, the Virginia congressman compared the political environment to that which preceded the Civil War and suggested race was a determining factor.

"It happened ... for the same reason the Civil War happened in the United States," Moran said. "Southern states, particularly the slaveholding states, didn't want to see a president who was opposed to slavery.

"In this case a lot of people in this country, it's my belief, don't want to be governed by an African-American, particularly one who is inclusive, who is liberal, who wants to spend money on everyone and who wants to reach out to include everyone in our society. And that's a basic philosophical clash," Moran said. :snip:

--------
And just who is stirring the pot.... causing the vitriol?

At first I thought this was a cynical ploy to avoid criticism. Now I'm starting to believe they actually believe this. If they do, it is a self-delusion that is going to cause them problems for many elections to come.