The Rest of the World and Obama

Geee

the_rest_of_the_world_and_obam.html
American Thinker:

One of the primary narratives of the Democrats and the media during the entire tenure of the George W. Bush's term was that the United States was held in historically low regard throughout the rest of the world. This became, after "Bush lied," the second-most frequently repeated talking point. Whether there was any basis for this claim was immaterial; it was a handy cudgel for defeating and humiliating the president.

For the past twenty-five-plus years, I have been involved in the international marketplace, having dealt in countries as varied as the United Kingdom, China, and Ghana. Never in that period of time, from Ronald Reagan to Barack Obama, have I found it more difficult to defend the polices of the United States and listen to more overt criticism of any sitting president than I do today.

Over the years, it has been my experience that at nearly all business meetings or conversations, domestic politics, either in the United States or any other country, is rarely discussed unless there has been a major event such as an election or a natural disaster. Normally, all focus is on the transaction at hand. At times, there has been good-natured banter about the generic American character, but that is more reflective of the fact the United States has, for nearly seventy years, overwhelmingly dominated the world scene. When one is at the top of the heap, an element of envy mingled with grudging respect is to be expected.

During the Bush years, while encountering some criticism of the Iraq war decision and a media-driven reflexive belief in Bush's "cowboy mentality" (promoted to some degree by his Texas drawl and demeanor), there was no noticeable difference in the conversations and attitudes of the many people I met overseas.snip

This article perfectly expresses what I have been worried about. We still have two more years of Obama and his czars, etc. And since so much has happened so quickly in the last two years, what little control we have in our legislature still leaves us wide open to continued errors by this administration. I think it is time we all got down on our knees to pray.