Cal State Northridge professor charged with allegedly urinating on colleague's office door

EveningStar

EveningStar!

When will this violent Urination end ? ? ?

Quick, President Obama, stop the peeing profs.

Oh wait, it must be a Russian custom. Are you sure Cal State Northridge is not a kennel?

Serbian Plum Brandy that is clear and goes down easy .... after about 1 second, however, you get the feeling that your entire gastrointestinal tract is ON FIRE.

Rakia or rakija (Albanian: raki, Aromanian: arichii Bosnian: rakija, Bulgarian: ракия, rakia, Croatian: rakija, Greek: ρακί, Hungarian: pálinka, Macedonian: ракија/rakija, Romanian: rachiu (reg. răchie), Serbian: ракија / rakija, Slovak: pálenka, Slovene: žganje, Turkish: rakı) is similar to brandy, made by distillation of fermented fruits, popular throughout the Balkans, Italy and France. Its alcohol content is normally 40%, but home-produced rakia can be stronger, typically 50 to 60%. Prepečenica is double-distilled rakia, with alcohol content sometimes exceeding 60%.

Rakia is considered to be the national drink among some of the South Slavic peoples in Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia. Its most common form, slivovitz, is produced from plums. The most common fruits are peaches, apricots, apples, figs, and quinces. In Istria, however, rakija is made exclusively from grapes, where the drink is also known by the more local names of trapa and grappa (the latter name also being used in Italy). Plum and grape rakia is sometimes mixed with other ingredients, such as herbs, honey, sour cherries and walnuts, after distillation.

Are these people eight years old, or what?

Now I will be the first to admit I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree, and lord knows I'm not a PHD but by 8 I had pretty much figured out that peeing on doors was not....socially acceptable behavior, and people would look at you strangely.

Hmmm ... due to the obvious 'lack of connection' (as evidenced by no replies to my humorous post above), I will add that the name of this "peeing perfesser" reveals him to be either a Serb or a Croat;

in any event, Rakija is the most popular hard drink in both countries. (Sljivovica being the most popular brand, coming out of Serbia ....)

Now you may guffaw :rolleyes:

Serbian Plum Brandy that is clear and goes down easy .... after about 1 second, however, you get the feeling that your entire gastrointestinal tract is ON FIRE.

Rakia or rakija (Albanian: raki, Aromanian: arichii Bosnian: rakija, Bulgarian: ракия, rakia, Croatian: rakija, Greek: ρακί, Hungarian: pálinka, Macedonian: ракија/rakija, Romanian: rachiu (reg. răchie), Serbian: ракија / rakija, Slovak: pálenka, Slovene: žganje, Turkish: rakı) is similar to brandy, made by distillation of fermented fruits, popular throughout the Balkans, Italy and France. Its alcohol content is normally 40%, but home-produced rakia can be stronger, typically 50 to 60%. Prepečenica is double-distilled rakia, with alcohol content sometimes exceeding 60%.

Rakia is considered to be the national drink among some of the South Slavic peoples in Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia. Its most common form, slivovitz, is produced from plums. The most common fruits are peaches, apricots, apples, figs, and quinces. In Istria, however, rakija is made exclusively from grapes, where the drink is also known by the more local names of trapa and grappa (the latter name also being used in Italy). Plum and grape rakia is sometimes mixed with other ingredients, such as herbs, honey, sour cherries and walnuts, after distillation.

I've had Romanian and Czech plum brandy. I like it. :P

The smoothest Serbian Brandy that I ever had was made out of Pears - Kruskovica. Sweet, smooth, virtually no "afterburn" so common with Plum Brandy, and after just 2 shots I felt warm and the most relaxed I ever felt. Amazingly, the "wall" within my brain between Serbian and Croatian and English disappeared entirely and I had one of the best interpreting sessions of my entire deployment to Bosnia.

(I often liken interpreting between two languages as akin to "opening a door" between the two parts of your brain that "host" different languages - in fact brain scans during which the subject used English on the one hand and Croatian on the other showed different parts of the brain being engaged depending on the language used.)