Does Obama Really Admire Reagan?

Geee

does-obama-really-admire-reaga
American Spectator:

The day before his State of the Union address, President Obama took to the pages of USA Today to sing the praises of Ronald Reagan. And why not? With the Reagan centennial is less than a fortnight away it can do Obama no harm to write a few kind words about The Gipper. Obama thus begins his tribute:

Ronald Wilson Reagan was a believer. As a husband, a father, an entertainer, a governor and a president, he recognized that each of us has the power -- as individuals and as a nation -- to shape our own destiny. He had faith in the American promise; in the importance of reaffirming values like hard work and personal responsibility; and in his own unique ability to inspire others to greatness.
Obama's words are nice, pleasant and inoffensive. Yet in reading them there's something that seems boilerplate about them. It's as if he's going through the motions. If you remove the references to governor and president, Obama could have very well been writing about Neil Diamond.

So does President Obama admire the 40th President? Yes he does. But not in the manner expressed in the USA Today article. If one wants to know what Obama really thinks about Reagan one should consider his remarks before Democrats in Columbia, South Carolina, as he was battling Hillary Clinton in that state's primary in January 2008:

Folks are talking about how I supposedly said how wonderful Ronald Reagan was. (Laughter) Now let me tell you what I said just in case you're getting it third-hand. (More laughter) What I said was that Ronald Reagan, back in 1980, was able to tap into the discontent of the American people and he was able to get Democrats to vote Republican. They were called Reagan Democrats. Remember that? And what I say it is that we as Democrats right now should tap into the discontent of Republicans. (Applause) I want some Obama Republicans. (More applause) I say Obamacons. (Laughter) So I didn't say I liked Ronald Reagan's policies. What I said was that it is the kind of working majority that we need to form in order to move a progressive agenda forward. (Applause)snip

If the U-Boat Commander were still alive, he'd be penning a fake, yet gushing testimonial about Ronaldus Magnus, too. Expect more of the same tripe from the Clintons, Pelosi, Reid, and other RATS in the next couple of weeks.

They honestly believe that we're all as stupid as their own supporters.

I believe that Barry and the rest of the leftists do admire Reagan, but not for his values. It was his ability to garner popular support for his legislative agenda in the face of an opposition controlled legislature that holds them in awe. What eludes them is the sense of patriotism and duty that allowed him to accomplish this.

Or...maybe it was his ability to last eight years without dying his hair.......

I believe that Barry and the rest of the leftists do admire Reagan, but not for his values. It was his ability to garner popular support for his legislative agenda in the face of an opposition controlled legislature that holds them in awe. What eludes them is the sense of patriotism and duty that allowed him to accomplish this.

Or...maybe it was his ability to last eight years without dying his hair.......

King Bubba was able to pull it off long enough to get reelected in '96 because he's a narcissist and sociopath who doesn't really care one way or the other. Hillarycare was a disaster, so he threw it, and her, under the bus. The only thing that mattered, besides his dalliances, was getting reelected. Impeachment didn't even seem to bother him until his last days in office, when he sold out his legacy with pardons in a futile effort to salvage it. Congress would have had grounds to impeach him again for the Marc Rich fiasco if he wasn't already on the way out the door.

I don't think Obambi is psychologically capable of doing that because he's been hardwired from childhood to be a radical leftist. He might be a fanatic, but he's no Bill Clinton when it comes to political hand-to-hand combat.