China pianist denies White House political snub

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
article.php?id=CNG.8c338e3b1bec49650ef90f296bedf8dc.2a1&show_article=1
Breitbart:

Chinese pianist Lang Lang has denied any political motives behind his performance at a White House dinner for President Hu Jintao after web users in China hailed his choice of an "anti-US" song.

The 28-year-old virtuoso played "My Motherland" at the black-tie state dinner last Wednesday -- which happens to be the theme of an anti-US film released in China in 1956 called "Battle on Shangganling Mountain", set during the Korean War.

"I selected this song because it has been a favourite of mine since I was a child," the 28-year-old virtuoso, who divides his time between China and the United States, said on his website.

"It was selected for no other reason but for the beauty of its melody."

The movie of the Battle of Triangle Hill, as it became known, features Chinese troops enduring huge hardship before reinforcements arrive and rout their American enemies.

Nationalistic Chinese web users had praised the pianist for choosing the tune.

"It's deeply meaningful to play this in the United States, but I don't know if the Americans can understand? Ha ha," one web user said on the portal sina.com.

In an interview on Monday with US National Public Radio (NPR), Lang Lang said he was sad and disappointed by the reaction of his countrymen.

"As a person, what I am trying to do, and what my mission is, is to make music... Once people used it as a political issue, that made me very sad. I am a musician, not a politician."
________

Welcome to the world of propaganda, Mr. Lang...

"...selected for no other reason but for the beauty of its melody." Balony! Can you imagine what the MSM would have done with this if Bush was still in the WH? :angry: