Former MSNBC anchor Olbermann says career not dead

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
idUSTRE70L0HI20110125?feedType=RSS&feedName=entertainmentNews&rpc=22&sp=true
Reuters:

(Reuters) - Former MSNBC anchor Keith Olbermann, who abruptly left his top-rated show at the U.S. cable news network last week, said on Monday that "reports of the death of my career are greatly exaggerated."

In his first comments since his departure, the liberal broadcaster, who often butted heads with MSNBC management, took to Twitter to share his thoughts with fans.

"My humble thanks to all Friends of Keith for the many kind words," he wrote on the social network, before paraphrasing a quote from Mark Twain. "The reports of the death of my career are greatly exaggerated."

It was not immediately clear how Olbermann planned to revive his career. He had two years left on his contract, when he signed off for the last time on his "Countdown with Keith Olbermann" political affairs program on Friday.

Neither Olbermann nor MSNBC gave a reason for the move, which came as Comcast Corp is finalizing a deal to acquire a 51 percent stake in MSNBC's NBC Universal parent from General Electric Co. A Comcast spokesman said his company had nothing to do with Olbermann's departure.

Olbermann left just over two months after he was briefly suspended by MSNBC for giving money to three Democratic politicians during the congressional election campaign, including U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords, who recently survived an assassination attempt in Arizona.

Olbermann's program helped define MSNBC as a liberal voice in cable television and a counterpoint to the conservative thrust of News Corp-owned Fox News, the ratings leader. MSNBC is now second in the ratings, ahead of Time Warner Inc's CNN.
________

Top rated? Not according to this. As for Olbermann's future, I think it's already been decided:

OlbermannAtFoxNews.png

Top rated? Not according to this. As for Olbermann's future, I think it's already been decided:

OlbermannAtFoxNews.png

shoutWVR! :lmfao:

I kinda figured he'd end up on the Home Shopping Channel, peddling Obambi spin dolls that you mount on the dashboard of your car or truck. B)

"Worst product in the Wooooooorrrrrrrrllllllllddddddd! Now yours for only $19.94 plus $30 shipping and handling!"

OlbermannAtFoxNews.png

shoutWVR! :lmfao:

I kinda figured he'd end up on the Home Shopping Channel, peddling Obambi spin dolls that you mount on the dashboard of your car or truck. B)

Well, they do need to get rid of all those Chia Obamas :lol:

CNN hasn't fired him yet. And they need the ratings, weak as they are, they are still better than anything else they have. Parker/Olberman lol.

Former MSNBC anchor Keith Olbermann, who abruptly left his top-rated show at the U.S. cable news network last week, said on Monday that "reports of the death of my career are greatly exaggerated."

He's right....sad to say.

When I hear Keith Olbermann speak I am always reminded of this....