Rendell to MSNBC

Geee

Rendell_to_MSNBC_declares_Casey_unassailable.html?showall
Politico:

One of the country's most plain-spoken, media-friendly politicians is about to get paid for his punditry.

Former Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell is close to signing a deal with MSNBC to become a regular political contributor for the 2012 campaign cycle, POLITICO has learned.

The former two-term governor and Philadelphia mayor is still in contract negotiations with the cable network, but details could be finalized as early as this week.

"I'm doing it mostly because I want to continue to participate in the public dialogue and speeches and television are the best venues to do that," Rendell said in an interview.

But the former chairman of the Democratic National Committee made clear that his role as professional pundit will be only part of his life after politics.

Rendell is also rejoining Ballard Spahr, the national law firm based in Philadelphia where he worked after serving as mayor from 2000 to 2002. He'll focus on public-private partnerships and issues related to energy, infrastructure, higher education and health care.snip

This is definitely a tone difference for MSNBC. Rendell is not someone I agree with often, but I can stand to listen to him because he isn't a raver.

I have a feeling that MSNBC is making a play at being more competitive and this may just work. CNN should probably watch their back.

Pollyannaish!

In his recent 60 minutes interview, he was a raver, a fingerpointer & a bully. I can't stand him, and get the feeling that he's one of the most twisted & ego-centric "pols" in America.

I think MSLSD is positioning itself as the FNC alter-ego. They plan on working whatever is left of the audience share, after Fox; and will use a position of "all-things-not-Fox"to better their share.

This is definitely a tone difference for MSNBC. Rendell is not someone I agree with often, but I can stand to listen to him because he isn't a raver.

I have a feeling that MSNBC is making a play at being more competitive and this may just work. CNN should probably watch their back.

Edited to add puntuation.

Edited by SrWoodchuck

I did not see his 60 minutes interview. I'm judging from interviews I saw way back and that's what I get for making judgements based on old news! :D

Thanks for the links. I'll check them out.

I did not see his 60 minutes interview. I'm judging from interviews I saw way back and that's what I get for making judgements based on old news! :D

Thanks for the links. I'll check them out.

I don't watch 60 Minutes, but I always thought Rendell was a calm liberal, not a bomb-thrower. Maybe MSLSD is trying to change the mood over there.