Get Ready for an Obama Victory in 2012

Geee

get-ready-for-an-obama-victory-in-2012
Pajamas Media:

The best thing to happen to Barack Obama is that the Republicans cleaned his clock in 2010. He is suddenly looking not so bad for 2012.

The November debacle made it obvious — even to the ultra-conventional left-liberal Obama — that the United States of America is a center-right country. He hired business-friendly William Daley as his chief-of-staff and came out roaring with an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal, of all places, that made him sound like a re-upped columnist for Reason magazine (well, mostly). It’s not hard to predict that his State of the Union address will stress cutting the deficit and reprise tropes from his let’s-all-learn-to-love-each-other kumbaya from the Tucson memorial.

November also helped him in that it further marginalized his left flank. Left-wing Democrats can now be placated by the most minor of bones. They have nowhere else to go, except perhaps running Dennis Kucinich in the primaries, which would be comic relief. And given the state of the global economy, few believe in Keynesian economics anymore anyway, except a handful of last-ditch bureaucrats in Brussels and the commenters on the Huffington Post.

But wait, you say, isn’t Obama a leftist ideologue? Won’t that come out in the end? What about Bill Ayers, Rashid Khalidi, and Reverend Wright?

Well, sure, but that was then and this is now, I’m sorry to say. As many have pointed out, Obama is a supreme narcissist and, for such a person, advancement of self trumps ideology virtually anytime. Forget the mind-numbing palaver about sticking to his ideals even if it means losing the election. If Obama has to tilt right to win, he will tilt right.snip

While Barry has shifted his rhetoric toward the center, he has yet to show that he can govern from there. He used all the moderate language while campaigning for the job, but he took an immediate left turn upon attaining the office. The real test will be whether or not he will be able to sign into law the conservative bills that will be reaching his desk.

While I have no doubt that Zero can win re-election (Clinton did it while in the midst of several scandals) I think it is likely that he will be faced with a conservative majority in both houses of Congress. He is admittedly a good orator, but he is much better at rallying the base than he is at changing hearts and minds. He has spent the first two years of his first term proving that he is unwilling to compromise, choosing instead to demonize those who opposed his various agenda items instead of finding ways to make them more palateable.

Yes, I believe he will be re-elected, but, if so, he will also have to spend more time in the office and less time on the links, or on the road.

I'm afraid he's right. So gridlock is the best we can hope for?

Gridlock is a good thing. No laws passed means no new incursions into our lives.

If ever there was a case of "Do Not Accept The Premise", this is it.

Remember this..if the senate was structured as a 2 year limit like the House, we would have control of both houses right now.

And of course, if the POTUS was a 2 year deal, we'd have that too.

The point is, in two years the Pubs will have the White House and Congress IF...and it's a big IF...

IF they will live up to their promises and stick to conservative principles.