Record Raid Against NY & NJ Mafia Families

Valin

record-mafia-raid-against-ny-nj-mafia-families.html
Friends Of Ours:

11/20/11

The feds have indicted more than 100 members and associates from all five of New York's Mafia families as well as New Jersey's DeCavalcante family pursuant to 16 indictments in four federal jurisdictions.

The targets range "from small-time book makers and crime-family functionaries to a number of senior mob figures and several corrupt union officials," and the charges are various as reported by William K. Rashbaum for The New York Times:

Several of of the men arrested, the people who had been briefed said, were charged with murders — some dating back to the 1980s and 1990s. Others were charged with selections from a full menu of mob crimes: racketeering, extortion, loan-sharking and gambling, as well as labor-racketeering crimes in two sectors that officials say remain under the mob's sway: the construction industry and the waterfront.

The raids have reached throughout the NY/NJ/CT tri-state area, and among those arrested were several suspected top leaders of the Colombo family -- including reputed street boss Andrew "Mush" Russo, reputed underboss Benjamin Castellazzo, reputed consigliere Richard Fusco and reputed capo Anthony Russo -- and the Gambino family -- including reputed consigliere Joseph "JoJo" Corozzo and reputed capos Bartolemeo Vernace, Alphonse Trucchio and Louis Mastrangelo -- as reported by John Marzulli for the Daily News.

When I was 8 or 9 years of age, John Gotti's niece came to live with us for a year.

Lets just say the world is a much better place without Johnny Boy in it.

When I was 8 or 9 years of age, John Gotti's niece came to live with us for a year.

She was a very nice woman. She was our the babysitter.DeCavalcante family was sort of a backwater crime outfit. They had to take whatever orders the NY Commission says but now has some say.

Edited by ErnstBlofeld

She was a very nice woman. She was our the babysitter.DeCavalcante family was sort of a backwater crime outfit. They had to take whatever orders the NY Commission says but now has some say.

Thanks to the Mafia Commission Trial the "Commission" is not what it was. That and RICO.

Maybe I'm being cynical, but this almost seems like barama read a book about past presidents, and decided that it would be a very good time to strike a Kennedyesque blow against the Mob.

Maybe I'm being cynical, but this almost seems like barama read a book about past presidents, and decided that it would be a very good time to strike a Kennedyesque blow against the Mob.

shoutSanguine! I agree.

It gives Obama & Holder good press. They can claim that they've been working hard on these things, "unfortunately to the detriment" of other law enforcement issues.

They can move the focus away from Islamic jihad in America, poor enforcement of equal rights for all citizens [instead of minorities only,] Wiki-leaks & Pigford. It's a feint.

What will the Mafia "push-back" be? Complaints from Union management? Work slowdowns? Resistance to the Ground Zero mosque? Larger bribes for Obama & cronies?

One of the theories for JFK's assassination, was Mafia anger at Bobby Kennedy's efforts against them.

Oswald and Sirhan Sirhan did it alone. Sirhan Sirhan is currently rotting in Corcoran State Prison alongside Charles Manson.

Thanks to the Mafia Commission Trial the "Commission" is not what it was. That and RICO.

If RICO destroyed the "Commission" why the arrests? This means that some sort of "Commission" exists.

shoutSanguine! I agree.

It gives Obama & Holder good press. They can claim that they've been working hard on these things, "unfortunately to the detriment" of other law enforcement issues.

They can move the focus away from Islamic jihad in America, poor enforcement of equal rights for all citizens [instead of minorities only,] Wiki-leaks & Pigford. It's a feint.

What will the Mafia "push-back" be? Complaints from Union management? Work slowdowns? Resistance to the Ground Zero mosque? Larger bribes for Obama & cronies?

One of the theories for JFK's assassination, was Mafia anger at Bobby Kennedy's efforts against them.

This is pure misdirection on Obambi's part from looking like Hu's **tch to health care to everything else he's screwed up in the last two years. Look for the leak from an FBI source that this raid was launched a month or so before planned, and how many of these mafiosos walk because Obambi needed a LSM distraction.

Oswald and Sirhan Sirhan did it alone. Sirhan Sirhan is currently rotting in Corcoran State Prison alongside Charles Manson.

Yes, Ernst, but what about the second shooter on the grassy knoll?

Oswald was an execption shooter in both the Civil Air Patrol and in the USMC. Like all Marines, Oswald was trained and tested in riflery, scoring 212 in December 1956 (slightly above the minimum for qualification as a sharpshooter) but in May 1959 scoring only 191 (barely earning the lower designation of marksman).He had a very good rifle. I know because I used own one and it is very accurate. If there was a second shooter, he would be at the Daltex building.

Oswald was an execption shooter in both the Civil Air Patrol and in the USMC. Like all Marines, Oswald was trained and tested in riflery, scoring 212 in December 1956 (slightly above the minimum for qualification as a sharpshooter) but in May 1959 scoring only 191 (barely earning the lower designation of marksman).He had a very good rifle. I know because I used own one and it is very accurate. If there was a second shooter, he would be at the Daltex building.

The "Eye-talian" 6.5 x 51mm Mannlicher/Carcano carbine was not a great rifle, and the shots on JFK & Connolly were considered impossible for an expert marksman.[ a number of people tried for over ten years to duplicate the shots]

Be that as it may......it's what everyone wants us to believe.

The "Eye-talian" 6.5 x 51mm Mannlicher/Carcano carbine was not a great rifle, and the shots on JFK & Connolly were considered impossible for an expert marksman.[ a number of people tried for over ten years to duplicate the shots]

The Mannlicher Carcano is probably on the best bolt action rifles I have ever fired. It depends who is handling it.The 6.5x52 Carcano is an effective deer cartridge up to 200 m (220 yards),

The Mannlicher Carcano is probably on the best bolt action rifles I have ever fired. It depends who is handling it.The 6.5x52 Carcano is an effective deer cartridge up to 200 m (220 yards),

The Mannlicher/Carcano was an Italian Army service rifle, known for it's unreliability [it was good for surrendering.] In the two sets of tests by the Warren Commission [1964] & CBS [1967] a total of 14 expert riflemen [3@/11@] attempted to duplicate the shots & were unable to do so. The rifle jammed in testing an average of every 6th round. In the CBS test one shooter had his testing disqualified due to jamming so much. Oswald shot at a moving target [a little bigger than a basketball,] from 81 meters [265'] going away, and supposedly hit the president twice, in three shots. [The armorer that examined & tested the rifle said that the scope on Oswald's rifle was missing 2 shims, and could not not be "sighted in."] The rifle with scope was bought by Oswald, through the mail, for $19.95. The only connection Mannlicher [a fine safari grade rifle] had with Carcano, was the "en-bloc" clip that the Italian Royal Arms Factory [Ferni, Italy -1940] patterned after Mannlicher. [for that it was improperly called a Mannlicher/Carcano]

All these are silly little facts, but I'm sure, if you say you can hit a deer at 200 meters; you, Ernst....must be able to do it!

The Mannlicher/Carcano was an Italian Army service rifle, known for it's unreliability [it was good for surrendering.] In the two sets of tests by the Warren Commission [1964] & CBS [1967] a total of 14 expert riflemen [3@/11@] attempted to duplicate the shots & were unable to do so. The rifle jammed in testing an average of every 6th round. In the CBS test one shooter had his testing disqualified due to jamming so much. Oswald shot at a moving target [a little bigger than a basketball,] from 81 meters [265'] going away, and supposedly hit the president twice, in three shots. [The armorer that examined & tested the rifle said that the scope on Oswald's rifle was missing 2 shims, and could not not be "sighted in."] The rifle with scope was bought by Oswald, through the mail, for $19.95. The only connection Mannlicher [a fine safari grade rifle] had with Carcano, was the "en-bloc" clip that the Italian Royal Arms Factory [Ferni, Italy -1940] patterned after Mannlicher. [for that it was improperly called a Mannlicher/Carcano]

All these are silly little facts, but I'm sure, if you say you can hit a deer at 200 meters; you, Ernst....must be able to do it!

I am expert on a rifle. I have participated in the NRA Marksmanship Qualification program .The FBI proved it conclusively that Oswald did it and that is good enough for me.

If RICO destroyed the "Commission" why the arrests? This means that some sort of "Commission" exists.

Didn't say the trials destroyed Commission.I said it is not what it once was.

Some great exchanges.

However, SrWoodChuck! Again you win the prize for a thread winner again:

"The Mannlicher/Carcano was an Italian Army service rifle, known for it's unreliability [it was good for surrendering.] "

ErnstBlofeld!

The verdict of a single shooter has more holes in it than XXX. The uncanny accuracy of Oswald's shooting was not replicated. FBI report not withstanding.

Here's something from J. Edgar Hoover (shades of Sheriff Dupnik?)

On November 24, 1963, just hours after Oswald was murdered, FBI Director, J. Edgar Hoover, said that he wanted "something issued so we can convince the public that Oswald is the real assassin."

From Report of the Select Committee on Assassinations of the U.S. House of Representatives

Detail on p 244 of report

The committee further concluded that the critical early period of the FBI's investigation was conducted in an atmosphere of considerable haste and pressure from Hoover to conclude the investigation in an unreasonably short period of time. (34) The committee also noted that Hoover's personal predisposition that Oswald had been a lone assassin affected the course of the investigation, adding to the momentum to conclude the investigation after limited consideration of possible conspiratorial areas. While Hoover continued to press conspiracy leads, his apparent attitude was reflected in a telephone conversation with President Johnson on November 24, 1963, just hours after Oswald had been shot of death by Ruby. Hoover said: "The thing I am most concerned about ...is having something issued so we can convince the public that Oswald is the real assassin."(35) Two days later, on November 26, 1963, Hoover received a memorandum from an assistant director stating that, "...we must recognize that a matter of this magnitude cannot be fully investigated in a week's time."(36) In a notation on the memo, indicating his impatience, Hoover jotted:"Just how long do you estimate it will take. It seems to me we have the basic facts now."(37) Three days later, on November 29, in a memorandum regarding a conversation he had with President Johnson earlier that day, Hoover stated:

I advised the President that we hope to have the investigation wrapped up today, but probably won't have it before the first of the week, due to an additional lead being pursued in Mexico.(38)

The Mannlicher/Carcano (also known as the M91) was actually a very respected rifle of its day. It was Italian built, but of Austrian design and was one of the better infantry rifles used in WWI. However, because smokeless powder was a new invention at the time of the development of the M91, there was a misunderstanding of the relationship of the rate of burn in relation to bullet characteristics, which caused the weapon to have unreliable accuracy at ranges over 100 yards.

I am in the camp with the folks who think it extremely unlikely that Oswald was the sole shooter. World class sharpshooters have tried to duplicate his shots and have been unable to do so with this weapon.

Didn't say the trials destroyed Commission.I said it is not what it once was.

You forgot to read the second part:This means that some sort of "Commission" exists.

I do not subscribe to conspiracy theories.Conspiracy theories are viewed with skepticism by scholars because they are rarely supported by any conclusive evidence and contrast with institutional analysis.

2095f498.jpg

"Conspiracy theories are viewed with skepticism by scholars because they are rarely supported by any conclusive evidence and contrast with institutional analysis."

Source

"Conspiracy theories are viewed with skepticism by scholars because they are rarely supported by any conclusive evidence and contrast with institutional analysis."

Source

Thanks for linking that.

Source

Thanks for linking that.

Something I think you should have done.