No Off Button on Sarah Palin

EveningStar

Townhall:

Debra J. Saunders

January 13, 2011

snipFor close to three days, Palin had handled the brouhaha tastefully. On Saturday, she issued a short statement offering her condolences to Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, the other victims and their families; then she kept her mouth shut. By Tuesday, cooler heads prevailed. News coverage rightly focused away from the blame game and turned to reporting on Giffords' recovery, the other victims and information on the man -- I won't name him; that's what he wants -- charged in the crimes. Without saying a word, Palin had won that round.

That is, until Wednesday, when Palin released her video, which turned the spotlight back on her and added a new element.snip

Debra J. Saunders is a San Francisco Chronicle "conservative" columnist. Blogs there as Token Conservative.

Supports lowered sentences & early release from prisons, opposes the war on drugs, and has the worlds largest collection of Obama Hopey/Change campaign buttons......OK.....not that last part.

There are plenty of people on both sides of the political divide, that can't stand what Palin represents.....to their own detriment.

Republicans disappointed at Palin

Former Alaska GOP Gov. Sarah Palin missed a prime opportunity on Wednesday to demonstrate that she can play on the presidential stage, top Republicans say.

Palin was pitch perfect for much of her nearly 8-minute video statement on Saturday’s shooting in Tucson, the GOP strategists say, expressing sympathy for the victims, extolling the virtues of a country trying to rebound, and defending freedom of speech protections.

But then she veered away away from her statesman-like delivery, accusing the media of committing a “blood libel that serves only to incite the very hatred and violence they purport to condemn.”

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=D769E471-4307-4125-8E42-2CBA8D73527B

But she is right. And she is not President. And she probably isn't even running for President. If she was, it would be different. Right now, she is simply a private citizen. SOMEONE had to say it.

But she is right. And she is not President. And she probably isn't even running for President. If she was, it would be different. Right now, she is simply a private citizen. SOMEONE had to say it.

If she wants to become president she should start acting like one. Practice makes perfect.

Term 'Blood Libel' Used on MSNBC in 2000 in Reference to Bush, In 2006 to Kerry Without Objection by Network Hosts

While the liberal media, particularly Obama acolytes at MSNBC, immediately jumped down former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin's throat for her use of the term "blood libel" in a video statement yesterday, it appears the network has not always thundered with righteous indignation at the use of the term.

There was no reaction from MSNBC's Chris Matthews in 2000 when Jack Kemp used the term to describe a harsh radio ad the NAACP had used against then-Gov. George W. Bush (R-Texas) nor in 2006 when Mike Barnicle used the term in reference to Sen. John Kerry having been criticized by a group of Vietnam War swift boat veterans.

snip

If she wants to become president she should start acting like one. Practice makes perfect.

I'll tell you a secret. I am PRETTY sure she doesn't.

If she doesn't she should stop misleading people. She is still a national figure.

If she doesn't she should stop misleading people.

How has she misled people? All she has said is that if she doesn't see a candidate that has the right values she will think about it. I think that is an honest appraisal. She really doesn't want to be President for herself, but if her service looked like it would be the best thing for the country she will step up.

Seems pretty clear to me.

If she doesn't she should stop misleading people.

How has she misled people? All she has said is that if she doesn't see a candidate that has the right values she will think about it. I think that is an honest appraisal. She really doesn't want to be President for herself, but if her service looked like it would be the best thing for the country she will step up.

Seems pretty clear to me.

All the candidates are waiting on her to make a decision so they can start raising money. That is her misleading the other candidates. Its easy, Sarah "Yes"or "No". Its not hard nor it takes a lot of effort.

All the candidates are waiting on her to make a decision so they can start raising money. That is misleading.

They better put on their big boy pants and make a decision on their own.

All the candidates are waiting on her to make a decision so they can start raising money. That is misleading.

I agree.

I agree with you too.

Sarah running for president is a media making event.

Do I think she will run. No.

Do I think she serves a great purpose in what she is doing. Absolutely.

She is taking the hits that the media dishes out because she can...and every time they hit her with it...it brings others into the Republican fold as most people see it for what it is.

She is taking the hits that the media dishes out because she can...and every time they hit her with it...it brings others into the Republican fold as most people see it for what it is.

The Wall Street Journal in the article Evening Star posted gave her a 50 percent negativity rating

Two thoughts. Isn't the next presidential election in like November, 2012? Isn't it a little early to be discussing candidate's declarations?

And, with the prospective field of candidates that may show up, could this nomination be made at the convention? Could any one candidate get the required votes out of the primaries? I don't think so.

And a non-related note. Is the site running slowly or is it my puter?

Two thoughts. Isn't the next presidential election in like November, 2012? Isn't it a little early to be discussing candidate's declarations??

Its going to be a very expensive race and the Iowa caucuses are coming up. Geroge W. Bush began campaigning in June 1999.By early 2000, the race had centered on Bush and McCain.

Two thoughts. Isn't the next presidential election in like November, 2012? Isn't it a little early to be discussing candidate's declarations?

And, with the prospective field of candidates that may show up, could this nomination be made at the convention? Could any one candidate get the required votes out of the primaries? I don't think so.

And a non-related note. Is the site running slowly or is it my puter?

I think it way too early and all we are hearing now is who the media thinks will run or should run or won't run, etc, etc.

I'm not experiencing any TRR slowdown.

I think she's smart enough to know she's radioactive in a general election in '12, but I think she's using that to play her best hand: kingmaker. She takes the LSM flak while diverting the Left from trying to lynch the real GOP standard-bearer.

The longer she keeps the leftwingnuts distracted, the longer the eventual GOP nominee gains points on Obambi.

The Wall Street Journal in the article Evening Star posted gave her a 50 percent negativity rating

According to this article, it was an NBC/WSJ poll. Not sure how the breakdown falls.

Rheo w/TRR gives her a 50 percent approval rating.

Could mean about the same. ;)

I think she's smart enough to know she's radioactive in a general election in '12, but I think she's using that to play her best hand: kingmaker. She takes the LSM flak while diverting the Left from trying to lynch the real GOP standard-bearer.

The longer she keeps the leftwingnuts distracted, the longer the eventual GOP nominee gains points on Obambi.

Exactly.

According to this article, it was an NBC/WSJ poll. Not sure how the breakdown falls.

I am still in the unsure to neutral category.Has not won me over,yet.

It is clear you do not like her. I'm curious as to what it is that makes you really not like her.

It is clear you do not like her. I'm curious as to what it is that makes you really not like her.

Now you are making up something I never said. I said:

I am still in the unsure to neutral category.Has not won me over,yet

Meaning, I am not sure about her and have not made up my mind up.That I am neutral. Neural meaning not aligned with or supporting any side or position in a controversy