Gabrielle Giffords' Arizona shooting prompts resignations

Pepper

20110111gabrielle-giffords-arizona-shooting-resignations.html
AZCentral.com:

Gabrielle Giffords' Arizona shooting prompts resignations

by Edythe Jensen - Jan. 11, 2011 06:29 PM
The Arizona Republic

A nasty battle between factions of Legislative District 20 Republicans and fears that it could turn violent in the wake of what happened in Tucson on Saturday prompted District Chairman Anthony Miller and several others to resign.

Miller, a 43-year-old Ahwatukee Foothills resident and former campaign worker for U.S. Sen. John McCain, was re-elected to a second one-year term last month. He said constant verbal attacks after that election and Internet blog posts by some local members with Tea Party ties made him worry about his family's safety.

snipThe first and only African-American to hold the party's precinct chairmanship, Miller said he has been called "McCain's boy," and during the campaign saw a critic form his hand in the shape of a gun and point it at him.

"I wasn't going to resign but decided to quit after what happened Saturday," Miller said. "I love the Republican Party but I don't want to take a bullet for anyone."
FROM
http://www.azcentral.com/community/ahwatukee/articles/2011/01/11/20110111gabrielle-giffords-arizona-shooting-resignations.html

shoutEvad

"and during the campaign saw a critic form his hand in the shape of a gun and point it at him."

It's those evil Tea Partiers at work.

I suspect the GOP will be better off without them.

In fact, I would not be surprised to see them switch parties once they think no one is watching.