Ozzie and Harriet's' David Nelson dies

EveningStar

Variety:

Variety Staff

January 11, 2011

David Nelson, who grew up in front of America in "The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet," died Jan. 11 in Century City, Calif., of complications from colon cancer. He was 74.

Nelson was the last surviving member of the Nelsons TV family: actor-bandleader Ozzie; his singing wife, Harriet Hilliard; and his teen-idol younger brother, Rick.

IMDb

Wikipedia

Damn. This really hits me hard. :(

righteousmomma

Variety:

Variety Staff

January 11, 2011

David Nelson, who grew up in front of America in "The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet," died Jan. 11 in Century City, Calif., of complications from colon cancer. He was 74.

Nelson was the last surviving member of the Nelsons TV family: actor-bandleader Ozzie; his singing wife, Harriet Hilliard; and his teen-idol younger brother, Rick.

IMDb

Wikipedia

Damn. This really hits me hard. :(

Me too - in a way-- makes me even more aware of our own mortality because though he was 10 years older I grew up with him like an older next door neighbor.

His brother Ricky was my first heart throb. Ages 12 to 15 or so would stay up half the night with radio in bed to hear Ricky sing (He really was not much of a singer but who cared with those eyes and sexy lips!)

Do you know we actually stayed in a hotel in Los Angeles once (way back when in the mid to late 70s) that was advertising Rick and his band singing in the lounge that night and NCT would not take me down to see him. :angry: (Mr. Jealous ;) ) But then I read Rick described as "diminuitive" and that kinda ruined his image for me since I was fairly tall.

Anyhoo, ask me anything and I can tell you the teen fan mag answer on the Nelsons and the Harmons (His wife's family).