Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh respond to Arizona shooting

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
47432.html
Politico:

Conservative media figures like Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh are raising fears that liberals could use the Tucson, Ariz., shootings as an excuse to clamp down on their voices, even as two prominent liberals made public statements urging that the Federal Communications Commission and Fox News do just that.

Limbaugh and Beck, along with other conservative voices like Sarah Palin and Bill O’Reilly, had come under fire in the hours after the shooting from liberals such as Keith Olbermann and Paul Krugman, who accused them of using violent rhetoric that could push an unhinged person over the edge. But no link has been found between suspected shooter Jared Lee Loughner and any of these media figures or Palin.

“I’m not playing politics,” Beck said on his radio show Tuesday. He said he had “softened” his rhetoric over the past two years. “Nobody wants to recognize this. Why? Because it hurts their dialogue.”

Limbaugh railed against the left’s attempts to “massage” the shooting “for their political benefit,” saying Democrats were just waiting for an excuse to “regulate out of business their political opponents.”

“I wouldn’t be surprised if somebody in the Obama administration or some FCC bureaucrat or some Democrat congressman has it already written up, such legislation, sitting in a desk drawer somewhere just waiting for the right event for a clampdown,” Limbaugh said. “They have been trying this ever since the Oklahoma City bombing.”
________

I do hope Limbaugh, Beck, O'Reilly, et al, continue to take a stand against what's coming. I think they'll prevail, as any attempts to censor them will backfire big time.