Why the Peaceful Majority is Irrelevant

Chickadee

Israel National News:

I have received this article via email several times now, and it is wrongly attributed to a Dr. Emanuel Tanay. Dr. Tanay is a real holocaust survivor, but did not write this article. The article and information is a good read, so I am doing my part to right the wrong by posting the original . . . just in case it comes to your inbox. ;) ~Chickadee

Why the Peaceful Majority is Irrelevant
by Paul E. Marek

History lessons are often incredibly simple.

I used to know a man whose family were German aristocracy prior to World War II. They owned a number of large industries and estates. I asked him how many German people were true Nazis, and the answer he gave has stuck with me and guided my attitude toward fanaticism ever since.

“Very few people were true Nazis,” he said, “but many enjoyed the return of German pride, and many more were too busy to care. I was one of those who just thought the Nazis were a bunch of fools. So, the majority just sat back and let it all happen. Then, before we knew it, they owned us, and we had lost control, and the end of the world had come. My family lost everything. I ended up in a concentration camp and the Allies destroyed my factories.”

We are told again and again by experts and talking heads that Islam is the religion of peace, and that the vast majority of Muslims just want to live in peace. Although this unquantified assertion may be true, it is entirely irrelevant. It is meaningless fluff, meant to make us feel better, and meant to somehow diminish the specter of fanatics rampaging across the globe in the name of Islam.

The fact is that the fanatics rule Islam at this moment in history. It is the fanatics who march. It is the fanatics who wage any one of 50 shooting wars world wide. It is the fanatics who systematically slaughter Christian or tribal groups throughout Africa and are gradually taking over the entire continent in an Islamic wave. It is the fanatics who bomb, behead, murder, or execute honor killings. It is the fanatics who take over mosque after mosque. It is the fanatics who zealously spread the stoning and hanging of rape victims and homosexuals. The hard, quantifiable fact is that the “peaceful majority” is the “silent majority,” and it is cowed and extraneous.

Communist Russia was comprised of Russians who just wanted to live in peace, yet the Russian Communists were responsible for the murder of about 20 million people. The peaceful majority were irrelevant. China’s huge population was peaceful as well, but Chinese Communists managed to kill a staggering 70 million people. The average Japanese individual prior to World War II was not a war-mongering sadist. Yet, Japan murdered and slaughtered its way across Southeast Asia in an orgy of killing that included the systematic murder of 12 million Chinese civilians - most killed by sword, shovel and bayonet. And who can forget Rwanda, which collapsed into butchery? Could it not be said that the majority of Rwandans were “peace loving”?

History lessons are often incredibly simple and blunt; yet, for all our powers of reason, we often miss the most basic and uncomplicated of points. Peace-loving Muslims have been made irrelevant by the fanatics. Peace-loving Muslims have been made irrelevant by their silence. Peace-loving Muslims will become our enemy if they don’t speak up, because, like my friend from Germany, they will awaken one day and find that the fanatics own them, and the end of their world will have begun.

Peace-loving Germans, Japanese, Chinese, Russians, Rwandans, Bosnians, Afghanis, Iraqis, Palestinians, Somalis, Nigerians, Algerians and many others, have died because the peaceful majority did not speak up until it was too late. As for us, watching it all unfold, we must pay attention to the only group that counts: the fanatics who threaten our way of life.

Adar 28, 5767 / 18 March 07

Thanks for posting this Chickadee!

I've never believed that the "radical" element of Islam is as fractionally small as PC conventional wisdom would suggest. It may not be the majority, but it is a sizable element as a percentage and total raw number.

By their silence, the "peaceful" are (for whatever reason) putting themselves in the radical camp... as sympathizers at best... and defacto supports in any case.

The vocal moderates who actually do speak out loudly against this radical thinking appear to be the fractional element of this "Great World Religion".

shoutNCTexan

Yes, it's the same for any organization, religion, or business.

If management does not reign in their extremist members or ban them, then extremism equals the voice of the organization.

I offer Chris Matthews and Olbermann examples of this. They represent MSNBC.

shoutNCTexan

Yes, it's the same for any organization, religion, or business.

If management does not reign in their extremist members or ban them, then extremism equals the voice of the organization.

I offer Chris Matthews and Olbermann examples of this. They represent MSNBC.

Hmmmmmm. The phrases 'extremist members' and 'voice of the organization' keep ringing in my head somehow ;)

Simple, yet true. An excellent summary of what some of us have been trying to say in a more convoluted fashion to those who will listen.

This is exactly why Islam is a deadly cancer spreading throughout Western Europe, which has largely lost the ability to distinguish between murder and self-defense due to its history in WW2.

Faced with a Hitlerite-like (and Hitler admiring) ideology it is now unable to defend itself in large measure (though there have been some signs that leaders like Merkel are beginning to recognize the problem) because of guilt over its Hitlerite or collaborationist past - depending on the country.

In effect they are (once again!) unwilling to confront a "Hitler" as we saw in the late 1930s. The threat does not threaten governmental takeovers yet, but in another generation it will and by then it may be too late because the lack of will of these democracies-in-decline has already been demonstrated.

There is a 180 degree moral difference between persecuting innocent minorities (as Jews were persecuted) and clearing out "Hitlerite filth" (as Stalin referred to the German invaders.) One is a crime against humanity, the other - simple self-preservation.

Simple, yet true. An excellent summary of what some of us have been trying to say in a more convoluted fashion to those who will listen.

This is exactly why Islam is a deadly cancer spreading throughout Western Europe, which has largely lost the ability to distinguish between murder and self-defense due to its history in WW2.

Faced with a Hitlerite-like (and Hitler admiring) ideology it is now unable to defend itself in large measure (though there have been some signs that leaders like Merkel are beginning to recognize the problem) because of guilt over its Hitlerite or collaborationist past - depending on the country.

In effect they are (once again!) unwilling to confront a "Hitler" as we saw in the late 1930s. The threat does not threaten governmental takeovers yet, but in another generation it will and by then it may be too late because the lack of will of these democracies-in-decline has already been demonstrated.

There is a 180 degree moral difference between persecuting innocent minorities (as Jews were persecuted) and clearing out "Hitlerite filth" (as Stalin referred to the German invaders.) One is a crime against humanity, the other - simple self-preservation.

Bingo! Of all the European pols, only Churchill saw what a menace Hitler was, while Chamberlain, the French, and Stalin deluded themselves into thinking they could control him and the Nazis.

Funny how history repeats itself...

Bingo! Of all the European pols, only Churchill saw what a menace Hitler was, while Chamberlain, the French, and Stalin deluded themselves into thinking they could control him and the Nazis.

Funny how history repeats itself...

Ace! I agree with most of what you've said; except I think Stalin played both sides, as needed, for his own personal gain.

I read some interesting figures the other day, about the deaths attributable to Islam:

140,000,000 deaths in Africa alone, for the Islamic slave trade that took place for over a thousand years. They reckoned that for every slave shipped, three died [families left to starve, killed during capture, while in transit or after the first years "seasoning" to slavery.]

Turks enslaved or killed outright, about 60 to 70 million Armenians, Hungarians & other ethnic races. White Europeans were around 50-60 million during the Crusades & the Moorish invasions. Hindu Kush, the mountainous area of the India/Afghanistan border means,"Funeral Pyre of the Hindu's," and they said 2-3 million Hindu's & Buddhist's perished under the sword of Islam. Jews & Christians were the only religions that were allowed a choice of convert or die; others were simply killed, or raped & enslaved. Jews were actually the least number killed at around 20,000,000.

The totals were around 280,000,000 people globally, killed since the 7th Century. I know that looking at the Crusades & Inquisition would represent a substantial number of people killed by Christians, but in modern history, there has never been a bloodier conquest of religious conversion........that is still happening today.