Rep. Jesse Jackson Seeks Resumes of Jobless Americans to 'Dramatize' Crisis

Geee

rep-jesse-jackson-seeks-resumes-jobless-americans-dramatize-crisis
Fox News:

Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. wants unemployed Americans to send him their resumes. But the Illinois Democrat and son of the legendary civil rights leader isn't hiring or even offering to forward the resumes to those who are hiring. He just wants to "put a face on the job crisis we confront."

"By collecting these resumes, I hope to dramatize the shameful condition of unemployment and compel action to do something about it," he said Friday on the House floor. "I hope to remind my colleagues every day that we work for those Americans who have been left behind, but who want to work."

Jackson said he will submit the resumes into the congressional record. He set up an email address, ResumesforAmerica@mail.house.gov, to collect the resumes. Jobless Americans can also mail them to his congressional office at 2419 Rayburn House Office Building.

"Sending a resume to me will not put you first in line for any job," he said. "But it will put you front and center to remind your government that so many Americans are in need, and that we must create jobs."snip