Homeless man new voice of Kraft Mac & Cheese

Geee

ohio-homeless-man-new-voice-of-kraft-mac-n-cheese.html
Chicago Tribune:

Here’s an unusual way to get a job: Ted Williams, a Columbus, Ohio, panhandler, garnered the attention of the Columbus Dispatch, which posted a video of him doing sample voiceovers by the side of the road.

From this, Williams appeared on the “Today” show Thursday morning, announcing that he’d gotten a job as the voice of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese.

In the video, a disheveled Williams explained that he’d studied voice in school, but developed a drug and alcohol problem. With two years clean, he said, he was hoping that a company would notice him.

Lynne Galia, a spokeswoman for Northfield-based Kraft, said the company saw his YouTube video this week and began talking with their advertising agency about working Williams into the campaign.snip

The lengthy rap sheet of sensation Ted Williams.

Link

I am beginning to doubt all of Ted's story. Especially being clean for over two years. Will be interesting to see how he handles his novelty with money in his pocket.

pollyannaish

I do not feel bad that this guy got another chance. BUT he's going to have to do somethings to get it right this time.

IF he has turned his life around there will be positive things that come of this for EVERYONE including his ex wife and children. But. If he is a screw up, it wasn't the lack of a job that was holding him back, it was himself.

Only time will tell.

I will say, that I am profoundly irritated by the press going overboard trying to get a piece of the man. A single interview and a small job would have been proportional to his abilities and personal issues. This kind of high level pressure and attention could do him in so fast it isn't funny.

And it's all for gawking purposes.

I do not feel bad that this guy got another chance. BUT he's going to have to do somethings to get it right this time.

IF he has turned his life around there will be positive things that come of this for EVERYONE including his ex wife and children. But. If he is a screw up, it wasn't the lack of a job that was holding him back, it was himself.

Only time will tell.

I will say, that I am profoundly irritated by the press going overboard trying to get a piece of the man. A single interview and a small job would have been proportional to his abilities and personal issues. This kind of high level pressure and attention could do him in so fast it isn't funny.

And it's all for gawking purposes.

I was trying to find the article I saw late morning but didn't have time to post. It was about the meeting with his mom being delayed a couple of hours because CBS and NBC were trying to one up one another as to who would be the first to film the meeting :angry: The original reporter who found him finally did. It was very poignant but I can't find it. :rolleyes:

Found a reference to it:

Network Booking War Delayed Reunion Between Ted Williams and Mother, Report Claims

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/01/07/network-booking-war-delayed-reunion-ted-williams-mother-report-claims/