Helen Thomas returns to journalism

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
helen-thomas-returns-to-journalism
Yahoo News:

After a seven-month retirement, Helen Thomas has a new journalism gig: columnist for the Falls Church News-Press in Virginia, as the ARLnow blog in Arlington, Va., reports.

The 90-year-old retired from Hearst newspapers in June after a media uproar over controversial comments she made about Israel. That move sent shock waves through the press corps and left White House reporters scrambling to see who'd get Thomas' front-row seat in the briefing room.

So why'd the News-Press give her another chance?

Nicholas Benton, the founder, owner and editor of the News-Press, said in an editorial welcoming her back to journalism: "She is progressive, and following my more than eight hours of direct, one-on-one talks with her since the events of last June, I remain firmly convinced that she is neither bigoted, nor racist, nor anti-Semitic."

She'll write weekly on political affairs. Her first column on Social Security privatization can be read here.
________

She's baaaaack....

Well, technically, she can't return to where she's never been.

Now, if they had said "returns to propagandist", or "returns to marketing" or "returns to writing fiction", that would be OK.

Nicholas F. Benton's gay-friendly, progressive paper grows in Falls Church

I wonder if Nicholas Benton asked whether Helen Thomas would have approved of the policy of Nazis killing homosexuals.

Or for that matter the way homosexuals are treated by Hamas.

Helen Thomas says:

"There's nothing wrong with Hamas-exuality. If you can't take the beatin'.....stay out of the kitchen."

and.....

".....only if they're da Joooos!"

Well, technically, she can't return to where she's never been.

Now, if they had said "returns to propagandist", or "returns to marketing" or "returns to writing fiction", that would be OK.

My first thought exactly. That headline requires a huge leap of assumption.

helen_monty.jpg

Elderberries?! Oh, no! gasp

Nickydog!

I must personally apologize for my 'lapse of judgment' in posting this. :(

I went back and reread the entire text of the French taunt. :unsure: The Elderberry comment was approaching 'the line'....

But the "empty headed animal food trough water" profanity was clearly beyond TRR guidelines. :o

(I'm just glad that Rokke didn't notice because I am certain that he would be offended!)

:lmfao: Thank you for the apologies, guys. I just couldn't imagine anything worse than smelling like an elderberry.

And it is good that Rokke didn't see this as it's true, he is easily offended. Or maybe he saw it and was shocked into silence.