Study Linking Vaccine to Autism Was 'Elaborate Fraud,' Journal Says

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
journal-study-linking-vaccine-autism-fraud
Fox News:

LONDON – The first study to link a childhood vaccine to autism was based on doctored information about the children involved, according to a new report on the widely discredited research.

The conclusions of the 1998 paper by Andrew Wakefield and colleagues was renounced by 10 of its 13 authors and later retracted by the medical journal Lancet, where it was published. Still, the suggestion the MMR shot was connected to autism spooked parents worldwide and immunization rates for measles, mumps and rubella have never fully recovered.

A new examination found, by comparing the reported diagnoses in the paper to hospital records, that Wakefield and colleagues altered facts about patients in their study.

The analysis, by British journalist Brian Deer, found that despite the claim in Wakefield's paper that the 12 children studied were normal until they had the MMR shot, five had previously documented developmental problems. Deer also found that all the cases were somehow misrepresented when he compared data from medical records and the children's parents.

Wakefield could not be reached for comment despite repeated calls and requests to the publisher of his recent book, which claims there is a connection between vaccines and autism that has been ignored by the medical establishment. Wakefield now lives in the U.S. where he enjoys a vocal following including celebrity supporters like Jenny McCarthy.
________

The anti-vaccination cult will not be pleased.

However, a new study conclusively proves that increased rates of autism are the direct result of anthropomorphic global warming.

The research team also said that they expect these results to be challenged by global warming deniers and other flat-earth types.

You can't make this stuff up. I tried, but the real nut-masters were ahead of me.

Rush just pointed out that now that while the vaccine study has been discredited... another group pops up to say that it is "air pollution" that causes autism.

I think it's those pesky particles left over from bags of fried pork bangers left in lorries and bonnets, and from the chips & fries that the average British house cat carries in on its little paws and later, when the owner is asleep, the cat exhales, thus infecting owner and progeny.

That's my story. I read it from some UK scientist at the global alarm institute.

You can't make this stuff up. I tried, but the real nut-masters were ahead of me.

Rush just pointed out that now that while the vaccine study has been discredited... another group pops up to say that it is "air pollution" that causes autism.