Nancy Pelosi Loses Her Speaker’s Gavel

Geee

Canada Free Press:

Today Nancy Pelosi lost her Speaker’s gavel. But she hasn’t gone quietly. She has been engaging in a massive public relations campaign to re-write her dismal record with outright lies.

Yesterday, Pelosi demonstrated how far she is willing to stretch the truth. At her final press conference as House Speaker (thank goodness) Pelosi portrayed herself and fellow Democrats as deficit hawks:

Deficit reduction has been a high priority for us. It is our mantra, pay-as-you-go.

Excuse me? When the Pelosi Democrats took control of Congress on January 4, 2007, the national debt stood at $8,670,596,242,973.04. By the last day of the 111th Congress and Pelosi’s term as Speaker on December 22, 2010, the national debt had increased by about $5.2 trillion – a whopping 60 percent increase. The national debt is approaching $14 trillion, about a trillion dollars more than it was just last June!

Although denouncing Pelosi’s spin, Bill O’Reilly was charitable to Pelosi last night when he refused to call her an out and out liar. He chalked her contortion of the facts to a case of delusion. Maybe she took an overdose of medically prescribed marijuana back in her hometown of San Francisco during the holidays, which could explain what she had to say about Obamacare. I think she is just a congenital liar.

Pelosi said the other day that her team would have passed Obamacare even if all Americans were happy with their existing health coverage. Why? Because, explains the San Francisco Leftie, the costs of the existing health system are unsustainable. Her fix? Replace it with a less efficient system run by the government.

Contrary to Pelosi’s fantasies, even according to government number-crunchers the health-care overhaul won’t significantly change national health spending over the next decade compared with projections before the law was passed.snip

I didn't know if that was normal or not, but it didn't seem right. The guests on Fox afterward said that it was not. I thought that she spoke longer than John and said a lot less. They also confirmed that she did indeed speak longer. I would have liked to have taken that gavel and whacked her with it. :P

I didn't know if that was normal or not, but it didn't seem right. The guests on Fox afterward said that it was not. I thought that she spoke longer than John and said a lot less. They also confirmed that she did indeed speak longer. I would have liked to have taken that gavel and whacked her with it. :P

She spoke longer than John this time and in 2007 (which I can see as 1st woman speaker), but to take time to lie and steal his thunder, was tacky and typical Nancy. I was following the comments on the FB, A Pledge to America, and most were saying whack her!!!!

I got so tired of listening to her I just wanted Boehner to grab that gavel and conk her over the head with it.

You know he wanted to do it, too. I was talking to my monitor..ha....John, the camera is on, don't make those faces. :D

I got so tired of listening to her I just wanted Boehner to grab that gavel and conk her over the head with it.

You know he wanted to do it, too. I was talking to my monitor..ha....John, the camera is on, don't make those faces. :D

I was saying to myself "Please let her make him soooooo mad that he forgets about crying" - didn't work :rolleyes:

pollyannaish

CRYING.jpg

Oh where, oh where has my giant gavel gone...

Oh where, oh where can it be?

With my tenure cut short because the budget's cut long.

Oh where, oh where can it be?

I was saying to myself "Please let her make him soooooo mad that he forgets about crying" - didn't work :rolleyes:

I was reading the comments that said he wiped a tear, but didn't notice it. I think he was using the motion to swear at the her under his breath. I would have. :lol:

pollyannaish

She made,"God bless you, John Boehner," sound like a curse.

It did! But it definitely caught my attention.

I'll be honest. If I was writing a novel about congress, I'd write the two of them as having had an affair at some point prior to the two of them having power. I think it could be an interesting plot point.

I'll be honest. If I was writing a novel about congress, I'd write the two of them as having had an affair at some point prior to the two of them having power. I think it could be an interesting plot point.

Ha, very interesting.

I was reading the comments that said he wiped a tear, but didn't notice it. I think he was using the motion to swear at the her under his breath. I would have. :lol:

He did right at the end of her filibuster-wiped several tears, especially when she hd the nerve to introduce his family(had she not thought that maybe he would not want to do that himself :angry: ) But he held it together during his whole speech thank goodness.

OMG. What a nauseating picture in my mind. :o

pollyannaish

Ha, very interesting.

Yes because they would hate each other personally, hate each other politically...but be equally committed to keeping the secret from their constituents.

And they'd be perfectly cast.

pollyannaish

OMG. What a nauseating picture in my mind. :o

Exactly! There is no way it would be a romantic novel. Political intrigue.

Yes because they would hate each other personally, hate each other politically...but be equally committed to keeping the secret from their constituents.

And it would make that whole introducing the spouse today thing make more sense....her tittering cackle laugh as she searched the chambers for Mrs. Boehner...her tittering cackle as she referenced her hubby, Paul of 37 years.

ok, it would still make an interesting plot.

pollyannaish

And it would make that whole introducing the spouse today thing make more sense....her tittering cackle laugh as she searched the chambers for Mrs. Boehner...her tittering cackle as she referenced her hubby, Paul of 37 years.

ok, it would still make an interesting plot.

I'm telling you. And it would make the curse "God bless you, John Boehner" an epic line.

Hume on Pelosi: ‘It was as if the nation’s first woman speaker could not quite believe today was not about her’

On the opening day of the new Congress, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi spoke longer than the newly minted Speaker of the House John Boehner. What should one make of that?

On Wednesday’s “Special Report with Bret Baier,” Fox News senior political analyst Brit Hume had his own idea of what Pelosi was thinking. During his commentary segment, Hume took a dig at Pelosi by hypothesizing she thought the focus was on her during the ceremonial exchange of power and not Boehner.

“It was perhaps fitting that it took Nancy Pelosi longer to say her piece in surrendering the House gavel to John Boehner than it took Boehner to say his,” Hume said. “It was as if the nation’s first woman speaker could not quite believe today was not about her. She used her remarks to list the wonders of her party’s record, never mind that that record had led to one of the most decisive electoral repudiations in modern history.“snip

http://dailycaller.com/2011/01/05/hume-on-pelosi-it-was-as-if-the-nations-first-woman-speaker-could-not-quite-believe-today-was-not-about-her/

I'm telling you. And it would make the curse "God bless you, John Boehner" an epic line.

I keep seeing Carol Burnett in the drape dress, with a big gavel. :lol:

Ha. Great lines and ones we were all thinking.

Out of touch and one last chance to spread lies.

pffft.

Hume on Pelosi: ‘It was as if the nation’s first woman speaker could not quite believe today was not about her’

On the opening day of the new Congress, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi spoke longer than the newly minted Speaker of the House John Boehner. What should one make of that?

On Wednesday’s “Special Report with Bret Baier,” Fox News senior political analyst Brit Hume had his own idea of what Pelosi was thinking. During his commentary segment, Hume took a dig at Pelosi by hypothesizing she thought the focus was on her during the ceremonial exchange of power and not Boehner.

“It was perhaps fitting that it took Nancy Pelosi longer to say her piece in surrendering the House gavel to John Boehner than it took Boehner to say his,” Hume said. “It was as if the nation’s first woman speaker could not quite believe today was not about her. She used her remarks to list the wonders of her party’s record, never mind that that record had led to one of the most decisive electoral repudiations in modern history.“snip

http://dailycaller.com/2011/01/05/hume-on-pelosi-it-was-as-if-the-nations-first-woman-speaker-could-not-quite-believe-today-was-not-about-her/