CNN’s John Roberts Leaves for Fox

Geee

cnns-john-roberts-leaves-for-fox
Big Journalism:

Former CNN “American Morning” anchor John Roberts is expected to join FOX News Channel as a senior national correspondent, based in Atlanta.
He will be reporting on major domestic and international stories for the network.
[...]
Says FNC senior VP Michael Clemente: “We are excited to welcome John to FOX News — his reputation as a skilled journalist with years of notable experience in the field will be a valuable addition to our news programming.”snip

CNN's John Roberts: A Legacy of Liberal Bias on American Morning

On Monday, TVNewser reported that John Roberts, who anchored CNN's American Morning from April 2007 until the end of 2010, will be joining Fox News as a national correspondent. Roberts, who joined CNN in 2006 after a 14-year career at CBS, had a reputation for liberal bias at both networks, particularly in his harsh labeling for Republicans/conservatives and his fawning over liberals.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-balan/2011/01/03/cnns-john-roberts-legacy-liberal-bias-american-morning

pollyannaish

It will be interesting to see if that changes. I sometimes wonder if they are playing to the dictates of their news directors. I've seen people I thought were liberal (Bill Hemmer, Chris Wallace) turn out to be quite fair and balanced under different leadership.

That said, if I'm gonna have to watch a liberal...better John Roberts than Alan Colmes. :lol:

What kind of reputation did Bil Hemmer have? He was at CNN for quite awhile and is doing fine-IMO-at Fox. Conversely, Kyra (legs) Chetry is now at CNN and is fitting in there after being a conservative at Fox. I think they mostly read what is prepared for them and express their own feelings fleetingly. Who knows?