George Will Definitively Declares Sarah Palin “Cannot Be Elected President”

EveningStar

Mediaite:

Frances Martel

January 2, 2011

snip

...George Will seems to have found through the litany of names what he called “the President’s secret weapon”: Sarah Palin’s inability to be elected...
snip

Video clip at link

(And I know George speaks for all conservatives.)sarcasm

George Will has been hanging around the baseball diamond too much.

Palin may not even run, but she damn sure has more influence on tax payers and voters than George Will ever did.

And I respect his will-crafted sentences occasionally.

I don't always agree with George Will and sometimes he takes the low road. But when he takes the high road, he may have interesting things to say. He was masterful at CPAC last year:

pollyannaish

I don't see the point of saying she can or she can't. It's kind of like trying to decide which movies are going to win an Oscar in 2012...based only on their working titles.

righteousmomma

Have to agree, pollya.

EveningStar, your screen name has always had a special meaning for me simply because of an incident in my childhood. Just curious as to your reason for choosing Evening Star as it is rather unique??

I think Will is right about Saint Sarah. And if she's smart, she won't run.

EveningStar!

Maybe you haven't heard that the left wants a Palin run. So that Obambi can completely dominate her with his over-powering intellect, his intimidating oratory, super-human work ethic & TOTUS. [/sarc]

I don't see the point of saying she can or she can't. It's kind of like trying to decide which movies are going to win an Oscar in 2012...based only on their working titles.

"Kinda like 2 fleas arguing over who owns the dog." (Crocodile Dundee)

I have no idea if that makes any sense in this situation but it sounded kinda kewl.

Regarding Will and his opinions: I am not smart enough to absorb all his pontificating and bloviating.

Now Sarah, I understand her. Straight talking, patriotic, pretty, dedicated...etc

Very understandable.

EveningStar, your screen name has always had a special meaning for me simply because of an incident in my childhood. Just curious as to your reason for choosing Evening Star as it is rather unique??

It goes back to the days when I spent a lot of time on IRC. My handle was AgentOrange (get it? - from Orange County).

The vast majority of veterans I ran into were OK with it. But a few weren't.

Because I respect veterans, I decided to come up with a "kinder, gentler" alternative whenever that situation came up.

On my desk, I spotted an opera CD that I'd recently purchased and listened to. It was called Luceafărul (The Evening Star) and it was by the Romanian composer Nicolae Bretan.

righteousmomma

Thanks EveningStar.

I had several theories and the German opera was one but its rare to find someone into opera these days. Isn't there also an epic poem named Evening Star and actually a couple of German operas with the name or idea of the Morning or Evening Star?

I thought it was an unusual choice and now I understand why.

Venus reaches its maximum brightness shortly before sunrise or shortly after sunset, for which reason it has been known as the Morning Star or Evening Star.

righteousmomma

I thought Lucifer was the Morning Star.

Lucifer has come to be known as the name or maybe title of Satan in post New Testament days based solely on KJV interpretation in Isaiah.

Jesus the Christ/Messiah is The Morning Star. This title -Morning or Day Star was given to Him in 1 Peter and 2xs in Revelation.

He is in perfect effect the "bringer or bearer of the light of a new day". He is the Light.

I had to look all this up a few months ago and found that ole wiki has a pretty simple explanation for Lucifer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer

I thought Lucifer was the Morning Star.

Lucifer has come to be known as the name or maybe title of Satan in post New Testament days based solely on KJV interpretation in Isaiah.

Jesus the Christ/Messiah is The Morning Star. This title -Morning or Day Star was given to Him in 1 Peter and 2xs in Revelation.

He is the "bringer or bearer of the light of a new day".

I had to look all this up a few months ago and found that ole wiki has a pretty simple explanation for Lucifer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer

Righteousmomma! Thanks for the Wiki!

In my studies I learned that Satan in the Judaic history was known as Ha-Satan [The Challenger,] & was God's Prosecuting Angel, charged with testing God's creation. His fall from God's grace came when he refused to bow before God's creation. In the Quran, Satan is called Iblis-Shaitan, and refused to see God's image in His creation; and was cast into the darkness & fire. {In your Wiki reference} Isaiah foretells that the Israelites will be freed & able to taunt their oppressors with a song about the Morning Star/Venus that rises in brightness, until the coming of the sun, when it is cast back into darkness.