Two new rules will give Constitution a starring role in GOP-controlled House

EveningStar

The Washington Post:

Philip Rucker and Krissah Thompson

December 30, 2010

When Republicans take over the House next week, they will do something that apparently has never been done before in the chamber's 221-year history:

They will read the Constitution aloud.

snip

:rolleyes:

Oh, please. Publicity stunt. Nothing more.

pollyannaish

The Washington Post:

December 30, 2010

When Republicans take over the House next week, they will do something that apparently has never been done before in the chamber's 221-year history:

snip

Well. I guess it's a start. Now. I wish they would read the bills they are PASSING aloud.

It's better than that plastic face-bag Pelosi cackling "“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it"

The Washington Post:

December 30, 2010

snip

Well......they certainly won't be saying prayers for help from a Christian God. I think it's wonderful that they will do something never done before.....read a document that all laws must conform to, and even better, ensure the constitutionality of every law considered. Even if it slows them down.....it couldn't hurt.

Let's see, EveningStar: you can't stand Palin, and the Tea Party makes you roll your eyes......hmmmm.....you're a conservative, but not that kind of conservative, right? Interesting!

Let's see, EveningStar: you can't stand Palin, and the Tea Party makes you roll your eyes......hmmmm.....you're a conservative, but not that kind of conservative, right? Interesting!

I like Palin as a person. I just consider her to be a political lightweight - an empty skirt.

I was not rolling my eyes at the Tea Party. I was rolling my eyes at the GOP reading the Constitution aloud. After the dust settles, they'll go back to business as usual - indulging in pork like their colleagues across the aisle.

"I was rolling my eyes at the GOP reading the Constitution aloud. After the dust settles, they'll go back to business as usual - indulging in pork like their colleagues across the aisle. "

They will certainly try.

The Tea Party candidates are our only hope that this will be mitigated.

Still lotsa RINOs to purge (are we still allowed to say RINOs?)